Trump 2020

Do you have difficulty sustaining your election?

Re: Trump 2020

Post by Damien Thorn @ Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:09 pm

I had a previous discussion with ypauly about media bias, under the aegis of his dismissal of MSM. He agreed that Reuters, the BBC and CNN were essentially unbiased, but then refuted my links to their reporting as anti Trump MSM lies, or somesuch.

Based on his posts here, I have discerned ypauly to be incapable of hearing anything that doesn't confirm to the agenda of his biasbubble.

No offense Paul, obv!
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Clown Ice Skater #4 @ Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:23 pm

Indeed. Citing Breitbart as a reputable source is either a joke or the preserve of the deluded far-right.
Clown Ice Skater #4

Post by Dirk @ Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:41 pm

I'm not sure which of these worries me most
1) Trump encouraging people to vote by post, and then try and vote in person to "test the system"
2) Trump trying to get a Covid vaccine out just before the election using an emergency medicine order which means it can skip key testing
3) 1/3 of yanks say they won't take a vaccine if one is available (even without Trump trying to screw due process)

Though I think they are all trumped my this mash-up of the of the Covid deniers/anti-vaccine lot and the Qanon conspiracy arseholes who believe that Trump is trying to stop the political and business elite trafficking children from sex and thats why the media are against him
Dirk

Highscores: 5

Post by tanglerat @ Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:24 pm

[quote="Dirk"]Covid deniers/quote]

New name: Covidiots
tanglerat
Ruler of the Queen's Navee

Post by Clown Ice Skater #4 @ Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:28 pm

Dirk wrote:I'm not sure which of these worries me most
1) Trump encouraging people to vote by post, and then try and vote in person to "test the system"

Where has he said this? I’m not disagreeing with you, but he’s been consistently opposed to postal voting in the past, erroneously claiming that it’s rife with fraud. If he’s telling people to vote by post, AND vote in person, how is that even possible?
Clown Ice Skater #4

Post by minimoog @ Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:33 pm

Clown Ice Skater #4 wrote:Where has he said this? I’m not disagreeing with you, but he’s been consistently opposed to postal voting in the past, erroneously claiming that it’s rife with fraud. If he’s telling people to vote by post, AND vote in person, how is that even possible?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54011022

Interesting tactic, encouraging your supporters to break the law. In fact Trump himself is breaking the law by inciting voter fraud.
minimoog

Post by Clown Ice Skater #4 @ Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:49 pm

minimoog wrote:
Clown Ice Skater #4 wrote:Where has he said this? I’m not disagreeing with you, but he’s been consistently opposed to postal voting in the past, erroneously claiming that it’s rife with fraud. If he’s telling people to vote by post, AND vote in person, how is that even possible?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54011022

Interesting tactic, encouraging your supporters to break the law. In fact Trump himself is breaking the law by inciting voter fraud.

That was what I wondered. I don’t know anything at all about US electoral voting laws but assumed that doing it twice must be illegal.
Clown Ice Skater #4

Post by ypauly @ Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:18 pm

I just found out my uncle, who is a lifelong Republican, is voting Democrat this November.
This would never have happened if he were still alive...
ypauly

Post by Käsemeister @ Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:59 pm

What?
Käsemeister

Post by manfromdelmonte @ Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:21 pm

It's a shit joke related to that orange bloke doing his best to discredit postal votes.
manfromdelmonte

Post by thekungfury @ Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:20 pm

Yeah, think about that!
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by ypauly @ Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:30 pm

Nominated for a Nobel peace prize, and well deserved it would be too when you think Obama got it just for winning an election
ypauly

Post by Clown Ice Skater #4 @ Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:38 pm

A Norwegian far-right MP has nominated Donald Trump for the Nobel peace prize for a second time

The bar for being nominated for the prize is low

A previous attempt to nominate Trump ended in mystery when two nominations submitted for him in 2017 turned out to have been faked. They were subsequently withdrawn by the committee, leading Norwegian police to contact the FBI to try to trace the culprits.
Clown Ice Skater #4

Post by Pigeon @ Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:33 pm

To be fair, Tony Blair actually got one and he was an actual warmonger. Trump hasn't actually started any wars, he's just wanted to and then neshed out when push came to shove.

Still, I'm not convinced that a nomination from a Norwegian Nazi is anything much to be proud of in any case.
Pigeon
CTF Technical Expert
CTF Technical Expert

Post by S1K @ Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:48 pm

Yeah well you would say that Pidge cos you’re just jealous that no Norwegian Nazis have nominated you for a Nobel.
S1K

Post by minimoog @ Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:56 pm

ypauly wrote:Nominated for a Nobel peace prize,

... by an anti-immigration, Islamophobe, climate-change denying Putin supporter. Figures.
minimoog

Post by ypauly @ Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:28 am

minimoog wrote:

... by an anti-immigration, Islamophobe, climate-change denying Putin supporter. Figures.

He isn't anti-immigration, he's anti-illegal immigration
ypauly

Post by GingerNinja @ Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:56 am

ypauly wrote:
minimoog wrote:

He isn't anti-immigration, he's anti-illegal immigration

Sure sure sure. That’s what his overturned ban on Muslims visiting was all about, and why he’s made so many efforts to have his illegal immigrant wife sent back home. Sure sure sure.
GingerNinja

Post by Strawman @ Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:14 am

Ivanka (snr) is calling in her falcon.
Strawman

Post by minimoog @ Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:51 pm

ypauly wrote:He isn't anti-immigration, he's anti-illegal immigration

So is pretty much everybody, including me. This clown however is against legal immigration too, particularly by muslims and refugees. So you are either ignorant or lying.
minimoog

Post by ypauly @ Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:12 am

minimoog wrote:
ypauly wrote:He isn't anti-immigration, he's anti-illegal immigration

So is pretty much everybody, including me. This clown however is against legal immigration too, particularly by muslims and refugees. So you are either ignorant or lying.

You have him all wrong
ypauly

Post by Käsemeister @ Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:43 am

"There is no literature or poetry in this
White House. No music.
No Kennedy Center award celebrations.
There are no pets in this White House.
No loyal man’s best friend. No Socks the family cat.
No kids’ science fairs.
No times when this president takes off his
blue suit-red tie uniform and becomes human, except when he puts on his white shirt-khaki pants
uniform and hides from Americans to
play golf.
There are no images of the first family
enjoying themselves together in a moment
of relaxation.
No Obamas on the beach in Hawaii
moments, or Bushes fishing in Kennebunkport, no Reagans on horseback, no Kennedys playing touch football on the Cape.
I was thinking the other day of the summer
when George H couldn’t catch a fish
and all the grandkids made signs and
counted the fish-less days.
And somehow, even if you didn’t even like GHB, you got caught up in the joy of a family that loved each other and had fun.
Where did that country go? Where did all
of the fun and joy and expressions of love and happiness go? We used to be a country that did the ice bucket challenge and raised millions for charity.
We used to have a president that calmed and
soothed the nation instead dividing it.
And a First Lady that planted a garden
instead of ripping one out.
We are rudderless and joyless.
We have lost the cultural aspects of
society that make America great.
We have lost our mojo. Our fun, our happiness.
The cheering on of others.
The shared experiences of humanity that makes it all worth it.
The challenges AND the triumphs that we shared and celebrated.
The unique can-do spirit Americans
have always been known for.
We have lost so much
In so short a time."

~Elayne Griffin Baker
Käsemeister

Post by ypauly @ Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:07 am

What a load of bollocks that is
ypauly

Post by GingerNinja @ Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:59 pm

ypauly wrote:What a load of bollocks that is

Which bits are not true?
GingerNinja

Post by Deuteronomy @ Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:02 am

GingerNinja wrote:
ypauly wrote:What a load of bollocks that is

Which bits are not true?

Was going to ask the same question.
Deuteronomy

Post by manfromdelmonte @ Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:08 pm

This little series of videos is worth watching for a laugh, although it's also mildy terrifying that these people walk amongst us. Which one is you ypauly?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFZnMo1Fsiljv-RIRiCLwmWDSzIZJAuxs

The first one isn't great but there are some gems in part 2 onwards.
Last edited by manfromdelmonte on Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manfromdelmonte

Post by Deuteronomy @ Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:15 am

ypauly wrote:
Deuteronomy wrote:
ypauly wrote:
Deuteronomy wrote:
ypauly wrote:
Deuteronomy wrote:
ypauly wrote:I don't understand why a different opinion is trolling, I see fact I see Trumps failings but I can also see Bidens

A difference in opinion is welcome, how anyone can defend Trump let alone describe him as a "great man" (in face of all the evidence to the contrary) is staggering.

There is no contrary just 4 years of false malicious allegations, his term in office has been good, he has been the most peaceful president in my lifetime, I look at his time in politics and he hasn't done much wrong, then look at Bidens time

Right, so we're back to providing you with video evidence of Trump being a narcissistic, misogynistic racist?

>pinches bridge of nose<

Right, really trying here Paul, please provide some support for your assertion that he's a "great man".

(I'm really tying to understand what makes any normal person think Trump is great when it's so painfully apparent he's a total cnut. I'm going on the evidence as gathered by my own ears and eyes, listening to the self-obsessed ramblings of someone who is clearly a hateful prick)

Was it the great that bothered you? ok remove it, I can't be arsed, I would support almost any other republican instead of him and even one or two dems however, You can't attack Trump with Racist corruption sex fiend shit and ignore Bidens which are all one film, it just makes you look the cnut

But we're not talking about Biden Paul, Trump is the topic here.

What you've basically said there is "you can't call Trump bad things without mentioning bad things done by other people" which is just very silly.

(Plus, the "racist corruption sex fiend shit" isn't really shit, it's well established)

It;s most shit

Bidens is on film, his racism, his inappropriate touching of kids, his corruption, his dementure, his plagerism and out right lies that cost him the presidency previously. Trumps may have happened as alleged but isn't on film and most of the allegations are just that, I can only believe what I see or what has been proven, and what I have seen from Trump in office is peace breaking out around the world, he had an amazing economy before the virus and is heading back there, he has also taken massive steps to follow up on his promises.

The way I see it in a two horse race is that if you argue against one you support the other, my preference of the two is Trump, it isn't even close, had the dems picked Tulsi Gabbard or one of the other normal people I would support that but they didn't

This isn't the Trump thread by the way

Right, right - so making fun of disabled journalists, calling Mexicans rapists, saying that there were "good people" in the KKK side of Charlottesville, making deeply inappropriate comments sexualising his daughter, saying it's fine to grab women "by the pussies", climate denial etc etc...

Trump did all of these things Paul, I'm staggered that you think that it's alleged when he has literally been filmed doing/saying them - quite honestly it looks like wilful ignorance on your part.

To a previous question though, I'm assuming that you're a QAnon believer?
Deuteronomy

Post by Damien Thorn @ Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:32 am

Deuts; honestly, you're wasting your time. I've tried to engage in debate with ypauly several times and it's just pointless.

I almost did again last night, in response to the post you've just quoted. I wrote a lengthy and detailed response, but then deleted it unposted when I had a sudden pang of common sense. It's impossible to rationally engage with him.

He dismisses empirical facts and clings to information from extreme partisan sources, ignoring questions and citations if they don't suit his established view.

Don't bother.
Last edited by Damien Thorn on Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Deuteronomy @ Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:08 am

You're quite right of course Damo, I was keen to understand why Paul could possibly think Trump was anything other than that nasty shit he is. Saying that it's just because he's better than Biden and to knock one is to support the other is nonsense as 1) He well fancied Trump long before Biden was down selected and 2) We can absolutely knock one, both or neither as we're not fcuking voting as it not our election

But yes, Paul is absolutely closed to any rational evidence based debate.
Deuteronomy

Post by thekungfury @ Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:33 am

Deuteronomy wrote:I was keen to understand why Paul could possibly think Trump was anything other than that nasty shit he is.

Because his only sources of information are Fox, Breitbart, RT and right wing grifters on Twitter and blogs. They tell him Trump is doing a bang up job. They tell him all the multitude of stories about Trump are false. They tell him the other guy (Clinton, Obama, Biden etc) is much worse.

Because ypauly is thick he believes what he’s told without questioning it. Multiply that by millions and it’s easy to see why people defend and support everything he does.

The thing that baffles me though is, ignore the politics and nasty shit, how anyone can listen to Trump speak for 5 minutes and not think “fcuk me this guy is a complete moron”. Again it points to a level of intelligence. Nothing to do with politics. If you’re thicker than Trump you look up to him, if you’re not then you look down on him.
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Political Corner