Some Brexit

Do you have difficulty sustaining your election?

Re: Some Brexit

Post by S1K @ Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:47 pm

Mark Francois is such a bellend. He gave a stupid speech the other day about how unless there was an immediate no deal Brexit then British MEP’s would wreck the proceedings of the EU, in which he read poetry from behind a lectern with an entirely gratuitous portrait of Margaret Thatcher stuck to the front.

86DC6B8C-7547-4984-8AD1-26559527C269.jpeg
86DC6B8C-7547-4984-8AD1-26559527C269.jpeg (34.91 KiB) Viewed 541 times
User avatar
S1K
 
Posts: 7847
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Re: Some Brexit

Post by Dirk @ Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:49 pm

Blackmailing our allies. Always a good way to get on in the world
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 32440
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: Some Brexit

Post by desertweasel @ Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:19 pm

Did you see that EU have recently voted to abolish the clocks going forward/back?


Not true I believe, though of course reported as such by the denizens of the press, there is an opt-out for countries that want to, but they did say that whatever was decided should be communicated to the other 27 countries by a set date, so they could plan going forward, seems reasonable.

40 years of this shit it is no wonder people believe it.
desertweasel
 
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:11 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Some Brexit

Post by Pigeon @ Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:26 pm

thekungfury wrote:Did you see that EU have recently voted to abolish the clocks going forward/back?

Will we capitulate to the evil EU overlords or, now that we can make our own laws, will we be daft enough to use our parliamentary sovereignty and keep moving them forward/back every 6mths which would result in London being an our ahead (behind?) Dublin for half the year?


Predictably reported as Europe attacking !!BRITISH!!!1! Summer Time by the usual suspects.

Also predictably, not true. What they've actually done is voted to abolish the requirement for everyone to do it on the same date, in favour of allowing member countries to decide for themselves whether to carry on doing it or else stick to either one time or the other.

Also also predictably, fcuking Britain intends to carry on doing it, like a bunch of cnuts.
User avatar
Pigeon
CTF Technical Expert
CTF Technical Expert
 
Posts: 24547
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:50 pm
Location: All alone in the crazy city

Re: Some Brexit

Post by Strawman @ Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:51 pm

S1K wrote:Mark Francois is such a bellend. He gave a stupid speech the other day about how unless there was an immediate no deal Brexit then British MEP’s would wreck the proceedings of the EU, in which he read poetry from behind a lectern with an entirely gratuitous portrait of Margaret Thatcher stuck to the front.


Cripes S1K, steady on there old chap

Whose_the_greatest.jpg
Whose_the_greatest.jpg (44.01 KiB) Viewed 521 times
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 41065
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: Some Brexit

Post by thekungfury @ Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:58 pm

desertweasel wrote:
Did you see that EU have recently voted to abolish the clocks going forward/back?


Not true I believe, though of course reported as such by the denizens of the press, there is an opt-out for countries that want to, but they did say that whatever was decided should be communicated to the other 27 countries by a set date, so they could plan going forward, seems reasonable.

40 years of this shit it is no wonder people believe it.

Believe what? They did vote to abolish it I think. A quick google agrees.
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 37704
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Some Brexit

Post by Pigeon @ Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:55 pm

They voted to abolish making it compulsory for everyone to do it. They didn't say you can't carry on doing it if you want to. Much of the easily-found blether about it doesn't understand the difference.
User avatar
Pigeon
CTF Technical Expert
CTF Technical Expert
 
Posts: 24547
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:50 pm
Location: All alone in the crazy city

Re: Some Brexit

Post by Strawman @ Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:56 pm

Nick Cohen wrote:Brexit is slowly but perceptibly producing the typically British reaction, 'it' s too much trouble and we can't be arsed'


Thank the Gods for British cynicism
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 41065
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: Some Brexit

Post by thekungfury @ Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:34 pm

Farage has a new party for the European Elections (and presumably GE if we have one)

It’s called The Brexit Party but they announced the name before registered the domain. Oops

https://thebrexitparty.com
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 37704
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Some Brexit

Post by tanglerat @ Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:56 pm

thekungfury wrote:Farage has a new party for the European Elections (and presumably GE if we have one)

It’s called The Brexit Party but they announced the name before registered the domain. Oops

https://thebrexitparty.com


:laugh:
User avatar
tanglerat
Ruler of the Queen's Navee
 
Posts: 7859
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:49 pm

Re: Some Brexit

Post by foo @ Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:16 pm

Amusing but not quite true unfortunately :)

Code: Select all
~ whois thebrexitparty.org
Domain Name: THEBREXITPARTY.ORG
Registry Domain ID: D402200000009036358-LROR
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.meshdigital.com
Registrar URL: http://www.domainmonster.com
Updated Date: 2019-03-22T03:49:39Z
Creation Date: 2019-01-20T09:43:23Z
User avatar
foo
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 1838
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 2:35 pm
Location: the Internet

Re: Some Brexit

Post by Dirk @ Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:11 pm

Boris Johnson was wrong to claim there was polling evidence that a no-deal Brexit was the public's preferred option, the press regulator has ruled.

Ipso ordered the Daily Telegraph to print a correction after finding the MP's column was inaccurate.

:)
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 32440
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: Some Brexit

Post by desertweasel @ Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:34 pm

foo wrote:Amusing but not quite true unfortunately :)

Code: Select all
~ whois thebrexitparty.org
Domain Name: THEBREXITPARTY.ORG
Registry Domain ID: D402200000009036358-LROR
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.meshdigital.com
Registrar URL: http://www.domainmonster.com
Updated Date: 2019-03-22T03:49:39Z
Creation Date: 2019-01-20T09:43:23Z


So they registered the .org but they couldn't be arsed to register the .com?

wonderful
desertweasel
 
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:11 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Some Brexit

Post by foo @ Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:06 pm

desertweasel wrote:
So they registered the .org but they couldn't be arsed to register the .com?

wonderful


I don't expect anything to do with the whole mess to be thought through ...
User avatar
foo
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 1838
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 2:35 pm
Location: the Internet

Re: Some Brexit

Post by CJ+ @ Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:04 pm

Look at this shit.

Image

This is Carl Benjamin. Carl calls himself "Sargon of Akkad" on the internet, because of course he does.

Carl is a bit special. Carl said to Jess Phillips (an MP) that he "wouldn't even rape her". He's got all sorts of basically-Nazi views on race, gender and all the usual Nazi shit. But he's not a Nazi! Definitely not! After all, if he were a Nazi, he wouldn't be the UKIP candidate for a European parliament seat, would he?
User avatar
CJ+
 
Posts: 17450
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Location: Lave Orbital Station
Highscores: 1

Re: Some Brexit

Post by Dirk @ Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:13 pm

Yeah, read about him a few days ago. Claims the rape post was "satire".

And believes that mosque building should be banned in UK.

Nothing at all in common with racist fascist shitheads
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 32440
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: Some Brexit

Post by HappyGoLucky @ Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:38 am

desertweasel wrote:
foo wrote:Amusing but not quite true unfortunately :)

Code: Select all
~ whois thebrexitparty.org
Domain Name: THEBREXITPARTY.ORG
Registry Domain ID: D402200000009036358-LROR
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.meshdigital.com
Registrar URL: http://www.domainmonster.com
Updated Date: 2019-03-22T03:49:39Z
Creation Date: 2019-01-20T09:43:23Z


So they registered the .org but they couldn't be arsed to register the .com?

wonderful


It is....

whatanutterfuckingshambles.jpg
You really couldn't make this shit up.
whatanutterfuckingshambles.jpg (198.23 KiB) Viewed 320 times


Someone's registered the EU one too.

ifEUleavemenow.jpg
What's that Flipper?
ifEUleavemenow.jpg (187.82 KiB) Viewed 318 times
Last edited by HappyGoLucky on Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
HappyGoLucky
 
Posts: 6635
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 9:13 am
Location: Lost in my own little world!
Highscores: 3

Re: Some Brexit

Post by DI Burnside @ Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:20 pm

It's ok, they're brought Ian Beale in to sort it all out.

Paaaaaaaaaat.JPG
Paaaaaaaaaat.JPG (61.85 KiB) Viewed 286 times
User avatar
DI Burnside
 
Posts: 18881
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:44 pm
Location: Beds
Highscores: 7

Re: Some Brexit

Post by Strawman @ Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:36 pm

They've taken away the cones that seperated two lanes of the M20 to use as a Lorry park, hopefully the first sign of a abandoning the whole escapade.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 41065
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: Some Brexit

Post by Cloggy @ Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:49 pm

DI Burnside wrote:It's ok, they're brought Ian Beale in to sort it all out.

Paaaaaaaaaat.JPG

Ah that Belgian cnut Verhofstad, he is as thick as pig shit.

I hate him.
User avatar
Cloggy
 
Posts: 7803
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:53 pm

Re: Some Brexit

Post by minimoog @ Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:10 pm

DI Burnside wrote:It's ok, they're brought Ian Beale in to sort it all out.


Thought it was Mark E Smith at first.
User avatar
minimoog
 
Posts: 10333
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:03 am

Re: Some Brexit

Post by Doctor Congo @ Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:31 pm

Cloggy wrote:
DI Burnside wrote:It's ok, they're brought Ian Beale in to sort it all out.

Paaaaaaaaaat.JPG

Ah that Belgian cnut Verhofstad, he is as thick as pig shit.

I hate him.


Unlike Boris, Arlene Foster, Nigel Farage.
User avatar
Doctor Congo
 
Posts: 7365
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Re: Some Brexit

Post by Cloggy @ Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:36 pm

Doctor Congo wrote:
Cloggy wrote:
DI Burnside wrote:It's ok, they're brought Ian Beale in to sort it all out.

Paaaaaaaaaat.JPG

Ah that Belgian cnut Verhofstad, he is as thick as pig shit.

I hate him.


Unlike Boris, Arlene Foster, Nigel Farage.

I like Boris don't like that awful woman Arlene Foster and I like Farage.

Any problems with that?
User avatar
Cloggy
 
Posts: 7803
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:53 pm

Re: Some Brexit

Post by Pigeon @ Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:42 pm

Why in the name of alien frog sex do you like the penis carriage?
User avatar
Pigeon
CTF Technical Expert
CTF Technical Expert
 
Posts: 24547
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:50 pm
Location: All alone in the crazy city

Re: Some Brexit

Post by thekungfury @ Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:02 pm

Doctor Congo wrote:
Cloggy wrote:
DI Burnside wrote:It's ok, they're brought Ian Beale in to sort it all out.

Paaaaaaaaaat.JPG

Ah that Belgian cnut Verhofstad, he is as thick as pig shit.

I hate him.


Unlike Boris, Arlene Foster, Nigel Farage.

Can't we hate them all?
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 37704
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Some Brexit

Post by Dirk @ Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:06 pm

thekungfury wrote:
Can't we hate them all?

Absolutely. Without prejudice or discrimination
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 32440
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: Some Brexit

Post by DI Burnside @ Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:24 pm

“Brace yourself Ann, I shit you not, it’s this big. “

Image
User avatar
DI Burnside
 
Posts: 18881
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:44 pm
Location: Beds
Highscores: 7

Re: Some Brexit

Post by DI Burnside @ Wed May 08, 2019 1:46 pm

It's all gone very quiet...
User avatar
DI Burnside
 
Posts: 18881
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:44 pm
Location: Beds
Highscores: 7

Re: Some Brexit

Post by thekungfury @ Wed May 15, 2019 9:50 am

CJ+ wrote:Look at this shit.

Image

This is Carl Benjamin. Carl calls himself "Sargon of Akkad" on the internet, because of course he does.

Carl is a bit special. Carl said to Jess Phillips (an MP) that he "wouldn't even rape her". He's got all sorts of basically-Nazi views on race, gender and all the usual Nazi shit. But he's not a Nazi! Definitely not! After all, if he were a Nazi, he wouldn't be the UKIP candidate for a European parliament seat, would he?

Sargon has been welcomed in Cornwall by some fish
Image

And the now traditional milkshake
Image
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 37704
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Some Brexit

Post by tanglerat @ Wed May 15, 2019 10:30 am

Hope that was a fish-flavoured miltshake*

*deliberate.
User avatar
tanglerat
Ruler of the Queen's Navee
 
Posts: 7859
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:49 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Political Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

yt
  Enable youtube titles
cron