Some politics

Do you have difficulty sustaining your election?

Re: Some politics

Post by Doctor Congo @ Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:43 pm

Turntable wrote:
Pigeon wrote:[Corbyn's manifesto by contrast was a fcuking gift from heaven: nearly everything on it was something I'm in favour of and there were only a handful of things I didn't like. I've never seen anything like it in my voting life: a mainstream party with such an overwhelming preponderance of things I want to vote for that it's still streets ahead of anything I've ever had to vote on even after discounting it by 80% or so just on general principles. Even if it had been only 50:50 things I support:things I don't, that would still have been an enormous improvement over anyone else's manifesto I've ever seen over the years.

I know that's not the point of this thread, but for that kind of manifesto I think Corbyn is identical to people like Farage.
I find him dangerous and disingenuous. Of course everyone in the world would love to see all the things happen that Corbyn promises.
But they are as dishonest as the Brexit NHS bus, the promise of not letting 20 million people in from Turkey, the promise that they need us more than we need them.
They are impossible to deliver and even trying would wreck our economy.
No different in reality to a manifesto promising to give everyone a million pounds.

It’s genuinely depressing to me that there is literally no choice between the two main parties. They are both atrocious. Libdems are anonymous but partly I wonder if they’re just being ignored by the media as they openly oppose Brexit.
Doctor Congo

Post by Dirk @ Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:22 pm

As we were talking about this the other day:
EHCR starting an investigation into anti-semitism in Labour.

Carefully worded response from labour:

Anti-Semitism complaints received since April 2018 relate to about 0.1% of our membership, but one anti-Semite in our party is one too many.

About 0.1% not under 0.1% , so that means over 124 people have complained. So likely to be more than 1 anti-semite in the party (and I know they didn't say there was only 1)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47482048

Could be somewhat embarrassing for them if it goes further.
Dirk

Highscores: 5

Post by thekungfury @ Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:37 pm

Yesterday Corbyn appointed someone as head of antisemitism complaints. Laura Murray who is a) the daughter of one one of Corbyn’s mates and, b) being sued for libel by Rachel Riley (who turns out to be Jewish and a massive campaigners against AS)

She deleted the libellous tweet and her entire twitter history yesterday which suggests to me there will have definitely been some iffy comments she doesn’t want to come to light.
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:59 pm

It's a shame gorvid doesn't run twitter.
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by Pigeon @ Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:00 pm

Dirk wrote:
Anti-Semitism complaints received since April 2018 relate to about 0.1% of our membership, but one anti-Semite in our party is one too many.

About 0.1% not under 0.1% , so that means over 124 people have complained. So likely to be more than 1 anti-semite in the party (and I know they didn't say there was only 1)

s/have complained/have been complained about/

I am told that the incidence of antisemitism among the British populace as a whole is considerably more than 0.1%, so that suggests they've been doing reasonably well at excluding them.
Pigeon
CTF Technical Expert
CTF Technical Expert

Post by Strawman @ Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:33 am

Not a good quality photo, but how many of these people look under 40 to you?
Strawman

Post by Damien Thorn @ Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:18 am

I'm fcuking livid about Priti Patel keeping her job.

She is pure evil and has conspicuously been so for many years.

I am genuinely ashamed that she is my MP, as it speaks to how wretched and oblivious the outlook is of the people who live in this constituency - the people I have to live among from day to day choose to give her a mandate to represent them.

She should be lucky to have a mandate to represent one of the early circles of hell itself.

A naked lack of any sense of responsibility, or any semblance of accountability, or any vague understanding of empathy, embodied in a tiny package of distilled poison with a cold, yawning vacuum where a human heart should be.

Her continued presence in politics is a daily advert for how ruined the entire system of governance is in this country.

She is the actual Home Secretary . Of this country. I want to weep.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by S1K @ Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:42 am

She is a disgrace. How she was ever allowed back into the fold after being exposed as an Israeli asset is beyond me. As you say it’s the lack of empathy which is the worst thing for me.
S1K

Post by Damien Thorn @ Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:30 am

Opposition members, as well as Civil Service, are lining up to cry that she should have been sacked. But everybody's missing the point:

She should have bloody resigned.

That's what a human being would do. That's what a politician would do, even, unless they had utter contempt for the views of the ordinary people left totally aghast at her inhumanity and disdain for the lives of others.

She's so, so awful, and I'm so, so angry about it, that even my 50 years of English language vocabulary leaves me unable to articulate the extent.
Last edited by Damien Thorn on Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by manfromdelmonte @ Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:17 am

In before Dirk leaps to her defence.

I shudder when I look at her.
manfromdelmonte

Post by S1K @ Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:17 am

Who was the last cabinet member to resign without having to be pushed? I remember that it used to happen but now they all just brazen it out.
S1K

Post by Damien Thorn @ Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:27 am

Look at this (yes I know, mobile link).

You horrid snidey sarcastic woman.

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E6zS4QQH7k

My skin creeps to watch it.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Damien Thorn @ Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:32 am

I've got nothing nice to say about her, but surprising of the BBC to call her a "rogue elephant" here.

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJK4UkdCne0

Also, ironic calling the video "what went wrong" as seemingly it has gone entirely how Priti Patel wanted it ever since. Otherwise she would mercilessly abuse, disrespect and bully you, according to Sir Alex Allan's report.
Last edited by Damien Thorn on Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by tanglerat @ Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:22 pm

This the woman who threatened a couple of years ago during Brexit to cut off food supplies to Ireland? A senior British politician threatening famine in Ireland as a matter of state policy?

There were times only a couple of decades ago that that would have got her name on a list. Or higher up the list.
tanglerat
Ruler of the Queen's Navee

Post by Doctor Congo @ Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:38 pm

Standards in public life have disappeared due to the behaviour of the conservatives. This is led by a PM who had no moral compass, who feels no consequences for his actions, like having an affair whilst his wife underwent cancer treatment, abandoning numerous children etc. He is exactly the equivalent of Trump and leads a similarly corrupt government who are now unaccountable as they have fanatic supporters who cannot criticise them. They’ve galvanised the fanatics behind Brexit, and implicit racism. For months we’ve seen utterly corrupt practices with regards to contracts etc and now Patel, a traitor in the pay of Israel, can get away with a clear breach of standards.
Doctor Congo

Post by ypauly @ Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:32 pm

Priti Patel is great, if you want to see bullying just look across at the Labour benches and the hate that spews from the mouths of the like of barry sheerman, jess Phillips et al.

Funny how bullying from the like of Bercow is ok as he was anti-Brexit

Double standards of you lot on here is a joke
ypauly

Post by Damien Thorn @ Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:55 pm

Why is she great, ypauly?
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by ypauly @ Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:07 pm

Damien Thorn wrote:Why is she great, ypauly?
Becasue she has the balls to make people that are getting paid a lot of money to do jobs actually do those fcuking jobs, and as an elected official it is how it should be, if they don't want to do what she asks they should fcuk off
ypauly

Post by thekungfury @ Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:15 pm

If you have to bully people to make them do their job you’re not very good at your job
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by ypauly @ Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:32 pm

thekungfury wrote:If you have to bully people to make them do their job you’re not very good at your job

They have been resisting brexit for years, somebody had to make them do it
ypauly

Post by Damien Thorn @ Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:09 pm

ypauly wrote:
Becasue she has the balls to make people that are getting paid a lot of money to do jobs actually do those fcuking jobs, and as an elected official it is how it should be, if they don't want to do what she asks they should fcuk off

You realise of course that the civil service is independent of government and politically impartial? If they don't want to do what she asks, perhaps she's not asking the right things?

And if you needed motivation in your work, would it help you to be abused and belittled by someone temporarily your superior?

Is she also great because of the unsanctioned dealings she had with Israeli officials? Summarised in the BBC video above.

Is she also great because of her contempt for ordinary people like you or I? For her patronising manner and superciliousness?

She has been my MP since before you'd heard of her. It didn't take the report of her code breakages to instill my opinion.

Those are rhetorical questions actually, as I don't think I'll engage with you further ypauly. You seem to always take the temperature of a conversation and then belligerently wade in espousing the opposite view.

You're welcome to your opinions of course, but I don't think I care to debate them with you any more.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by ypauly @ Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:13 pm

Damien Thorn wrote:
ypauly wrote:

You realise of course that the civil service is independent of government and politically impartial? If they don't want to do what she asks, perhaps she's not asking the right things?

And if you needed motivation in your work, would it help you to be abused and belittled by someone temporarily your superior?

Is she also great because of the unsanctioned dealings she had with Israeli officials? Summarised in the BBC video above.

Is she also great because of her contempt for ordinary people like you or I? For her patronising manner and superciliousness?

She has been my MP since before you'd heard of her. It didn't take the report of her code breakages to instill my opinion.

Those are rhetorical questions actually, as I don't think I'll engage with you further ypauly. You seem to always take the temperature of a conversation and then belligerently wade in espousing the opposite view.

You're welcome to your opinions of course, but I don't think I care to debate them with you any more.

My understanding is that they have continually tried to frustrate her efforts as they disagree with policy, they don't set policy she does along with other elected officials, if they have not got the decency to fcuk off when asked to do something they don't want to do she has the right to tell them in no uncertain terms to get it fcuking done
ypauly

Post by Doctor Congo @ Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:54 pm

Of course he thinks he’s great. He supports Trump, the most indecent, nasty, ungracious, criminal human on the planet. If your moral calibration is unable to see he’s literally a piece of actual shit as a person, how could you have any comment about Patel, a traitor and a bully.

As someone who has experienced bullying first hand, the justifications for it, like ypauly and the plethora of Tory cnuts on Twitter, “she’s determined, forceful, a maverick, a personality, gets things done” is utter bollocks. She’s a nasty shitbag who is so thick and ineffective she has to resort to bullying to get what she wants, like a frustrated child having a tantrum.

These people should be punished fully. That sort of behaviour should never be tolerated under any circumstances. The consequences will be far worse, as I’ve seen.
Doctor Congo

Post by ypauly @ Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:35 am

Doctor Congo wrote:Of course he thinks he’s great. He supports Trump, the most indecent, nasty, ungracious, criminal human on the planet. If your moral calibration is unable to see he’s literally a piece of actual shit as a person, how could you have any comment about Patel, a traitor and a bully.

As someone who has experienced bullying first hand, the justifications for it, like ypauly and the plethora of Tory cnuts on Twitter, “she’s determined, forceful, a maverick, a personality, gets things done” is utter bollocks. She’s a nasty shitbag who is so thick and ineffective she has to resort to bullying to get what she wants, like a frustrated child having a tantrum.

These people should be punished fully. That sort of behaviour should never be tolerated under any circumstances. The consequences will be far worse, as I’ve seen.

It reads like you are trying to bully me, if so fcuk off

Where were you when Gord Brown was throwing phones at computers around the office? or bercow.............

Oh yeah, bullying only matters if it's a Brexiteer

And your description of Trump fits Biden far more accurately
ypauly

Post by ypauly @ Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:40 am

manfromdelmonte wrote:Have you had a labotomy, Paul?

Greg66 wrote:Lol, wipe-all-ee is doing his daft cnut skit again!

thumper wrote:
You are a complete idiot. What scares me is that you’re probably similar to the average Trump voter/supporter and that the US has that high an amount of retards there.

Bodhi wrote:You're fcuking insane Paul, that or just straight up dumb.

The same people complaining Priti may have told somebody to do some work instead of asking

cnuts, nobody does bullying better than leftwing fucktards, this site proves that quite clearly
Last edited by ypauly on Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ypauly

Post by Doctor Congo @ Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:02 am

ypauly wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:Of course he thinks he’s great. He supports Trump, the most indecent, nasty, ungracious, criminal human on the planet. If your moral calibration is unable to see he’s literally a piece of actual shit as a person, how could you have any comment about Patel, a traitor and a bully.

It reads like you are trying to bully me, if so fcuk off

Where were you when Gord Brown was throwing phones at computers around the office? or bercow.............

Oh yeah, bullying only matters if it's a Brexiteer

And your description of Trump fits Biden far more accurately
When you’ve no argument good old what aboutism is a good fallback. It matters as she’s a cnut brexiteer or not.
Doctor Congo

Post by Doctor Congo @ Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:09 am

And the description fits Biden if you’re a brainwashed cretin who believes far right conspiracy theories and the word of a man who has been proven to have lied 20000 times as president and yet you still believe him.
Doctor Congo

Post by Damien Thorn @ Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:41 am

ypauly wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:
ypauly wrote:

My understanding is that they have continually tried to frustrate her efforts as they disagree with policy, they don't set policy she does along with other elected officials, if they have not got the decency to fcuk off when asked to do something they don't want to do she has the right to tell them in no uncertain terms to get it fcuking done

Can you say where you got this information please? It seems contrary to Sir Philip Rutnam's statement:

"As early as August 2019, the month after her appointment, she was advised that she must not shout and swear at staff.

I advised her on a number of further occasions between September 2019 and February 2020 about the need to treat staff with respect, and to make changes to protect health, safety and wellbeing.

Enormous efforts were made from top to bottom in the Home Office to support the new home secretary and respond to her direction, and significant achievements have resulted. The advice [of the report] does not fairly reflect this."
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by ypauly @ Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:04 pm

Doctor Congo wrote:And the description fits Biden if you’re a brainwashed cretin who believes far right conspiracy theories and the word of a man who has been proven to have lied 20000 times as president and yet you still believe him.

He hasn't been proven to have lied 20,000 times that's bullshit for the gullible.

For example one of the early lies was him saying his campaign was spied on, he was right, NO LIE

Just a stupid list for stupid cnuts
ypauly

Post by Dirk @ Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:14 pm

manfromdelmonte wrote:In before Dirk leaps to her defence.

Fcuk no. No rush
Dirk

Highscores: 5

PreviousNext

Return to Political Corner