Trump 2020

Do you have difficulty sustaining your election?

Re: Trump 2020

Post by deev @ Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:00 pm

Doctor Congo wrote:
deev wrote:In other news why is Jason Manford still a thing? Didnt he get booted off the One show for sending percy messages to fans? Kinda cringey but he seems to think hes the moral authority of the UK.
And you are a moral authority?

Didnt say I was, Manford seems to post a lot on twitter about things like this though.
User avatar
deev
Banger King
 
Posts: 15083
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Giffnock
Highscores: 3

Re: Trump 2020

Post by deev @ Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:05 pm

S1K wrote:However much of a scumbag George Floyd may or may not have been the police don’t have the right to kill people in the street. There were four of them and one of him, they should have been able to restrain him without killing him.

I’m not thrilled about the number of people who are taking part in mass gatherings I must admit, and I wouldn’t be too surprised if we do see a spike in infections resulting from them and the protesters defacing statues and climbing the Cenotaph don’t pull me towards their cause. It does seem though that a sizeable proportion of the public reached the end of its tether with the lockdown and it was getting to a point where it was unsustainable. Maybe it would have been different had the weather turned a week or two earlier or if Dominic Cummings hadn’t been such a cnut. We’ll never know, unless we have to go through it all again. How would the country even react to being told to go back to a strict lockdown?

The police 100% shouldn't have killed him, they're not judge dredd types yet. Having had an employee in tears in my office because they weren't allowed to go to their sisters funeral a few weeks back and the seeing tens of thousands of folk protesting about issues in another country just seems wrong at the present time. Cummings and his shenanigans have made this whole thing really hard to enforce now.
User avatar
deev
Banger King
 
Posts: 15083
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Giffnock
Highscores: 3

Re: Trump 2020

Post by Bodhi @ Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:15 pm

deev wrote:George Floyd was apparently off his tits in fentanyl and meth at the time if his arrest. I was of the opinion the police were 100% out of order here but getting a 6'6" guy down wont have been easy and every junkie I've ever pinned down has whined about not being able to breathe (if you can say that then yes you can). The cop went OTT by not releasing the pressure when he stopped talking and should have realised the guy was out, I'm not sure he meant to kill him, I think the cop may just have been an idiot. I bet the cops heat "I cant breathe: literally every single time they arrest someone right before "the cuffs are too tight, can you loosen them please?".

A rear naked choked is a better option for gauging pressure but given the corona theres no way I'd be doing that at present.




Imagine my surprise that you're talking about your judo hobby and the how you work in a supermarket.
You know that your experiences as a supermarket employee are in no way relatable to people being killed by the police in broad daylight don't you?

You once played a martial art, for a hobby, that means you have ZERO knowledge of the situation surrounding the death. Perhaps it'd be better if you read a book or two first?
User avatar
Bodhi
 
Posts: 14513
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:35 am

Re: Trump 2020

Post by Doctor Congo @ Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:32 pm

deev wrote:
S1K wrote:However much of a scumbag George Floyd may or may not have been the police don’t have the right to kill people in the street. There were four of them and one of him, they should have been able to restrain him without killing him.

I’m not thrilled about the number of people who are taking part in mass gatherings I must admit, and I wouldn’t be too surprised if we do see a spike in infections resulting from them and the protesters defacing statues and climbing the Cenotaph don’t pull me towards their cause. It does seem though that a sizeable proportion of the public reached the end of its tether with the lockdown and it was getting to a point where it was unsustainable. Maybe it would have been different had the weather turned a week or two earlier or if Dominic Cummings hadn’t been such a cnut. We’ll never know, unless we have to go through it all again. How would the country even react to being told to go back to a strict lockdown?

The police 100% shouldn't have killed him, they're not judge dredd types yet. Having had an employee in tears in my office because they weren't allowed to go to their sisters funeral a few weeks back and the seeing tens of thousands of folk protesting about issues in another country just seems wrong at the present time. Cummings and his shenanigans have made this whole thing really hard to enforce now.
Sorry but this is demonstrating quite aptly how disconnected you are from the reality black people, particularly in the us live in. They are brutalised and the behaviour of the police is appalling towards black people. They murdered this man. Irrespective of what he may or may not have done with your attempt to victim shame. They murdered Breonna Taylor. Ahmed Arbaury was murdered by an ex police officer.

You cannot know what it is to live under such discrimination. So I think if you’re going to try and victim shame best not comment at all.
User avatar
Doctor Congo
 
Posts: 7391
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Re: Trump 2020

Post by span @ Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:55 pm

deev wrote:
S1K wrote:However much of a scumbag George Floyd may or may not have been the police don’t have the right to kill people in the street. There were four of them and one of him, they should have been able to restrain him without killing him.

I’m not thrilled about the number of people who are taking part in mass gatherings I must admit, and I wouldn’t be too surprised if we do see a spike in infections resulting from them and the protesters defacing statues and climbing the Cenotaph don’t pull me towards their cause. It does seem though that a sizeable proportion of the public reached the end of its tether with the lockdown and it was getting to a point where it was unsustainable. Maybe it would have been different had the weather turned a week or two earlier or if Dominic Cummings hadn’t been such a cnut. We’ll never know, unless we have to go through it all again. How would the country even react to being told to go back to a strict lockdown?

The police 100% shouldn't have killed him, they're not judge dredd types yet. Having had an employee in tears in my office because they weren't allowed to go to their sisters funeral a few weeks back and the seeing tens of thousands of folk protesting about issues in another country just seems wrong at the present time. Cummings and his shenanigans have made this whole thing really hard to enforce now.

You're making so many different points (what the police did was more justifiable than people realise; George Floyd actually did bad things in his life before he was killed; protestors aren't socially distancing) that it makes me think yours are less reasoned arguments, more an on-brand irritation at the general race riots for existing and then searching around for some justifications to support that.
User avatar
span
 
Posts: 7741
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:14 pm

Re: Trump 2020

Post by Pigeon @ Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:08 pm

deev wrote:whined about not being able to breathe (if you can say that then yes you can)


Oh har bloody har, yeah maybe I can force a little bit of air in and out, but I can't breathe properly. I can't force enough air in and out to supply my body's needs. And the guy who is responsible for that being the case is being a pedantic tw@t about the applicability of binary statements to describing continua, and right now I have neither the breath nor the desire to engage in stupid fcuking nit-picking arguments about it.
User avatar
Pigeon
CTF Technical Expert
CTF Technical Expert
 
Posts: 24580
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:50 pm
Location: All alone in the crazy city

Re: Trump 2020

Post by thekungfury @ Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:28 pm

I love the deevlash razor.
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 37769
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Trump 2020

Post by Doctor Congo @ Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:57 pm

Pigeon wrote:
deev wrote:whined about not being able to breathe (if you can say that then yes you can)


Oh har bloody har, yeah maybe I can force a little bit of air in and out, but I can't breathe properly. I can't force enough air in and out to supply my body's needs. And the guy who is responsible for that being the case is being a pedantic tw@t about the applicability of binary statements to describing continua, and right now I have neither the breath nor the desire to engage in stupid fcuking nit-picking arguments about it.
Yup and the post mortem report shows homicide so therefore he’s talking bollocks.
User avatar
Doctor Congo
 
Posts: 7391
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Re: Trump 2020

Post by Bodhi @ Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:15 pm

Doctor Congo wrote:Yup and the post mortem report shows homicide so therefore he’s talking bollocks.


Just like a really thick idiot he's giving shock!! look at me opinions for attention.

There's no way he actually believes what he writes, unless of course he really is that thick.
User avatar
Bodhi
 
Posts: 14513
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:35 am

Re: Trump 2020

Post by ypauly @ Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:21 pm

That's you lot, pick on somebody else i'll watch




:morepopcorn:
User avatar
ypauly
 
Posts: 1051
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 11:20 pm

Re: Trump 2020

Post by deev @ Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:43 pm

Bodhi wrote:
deev wrote:George Floyd was apparently off his tits in fentanyl and meth at the time if his arrest. I was of the opinion the police were 100% out of order here but getting a 6'6" guy down wont have been easy and every junkie I've ever pinned down has whined about not being able to breathe (if you can say that then yes you can). The cop went OTT by not releasing the pressure when he stopped talking and should have realised the guy was out, I'm not sure he meant to kill him, I think the cop may just have been an idiot. I bet the cops heat "I cant breathe: literally every single time they arrest someone right before "the cuffs are too tight, can you loosen them please?".

A rear naked choked is a better option for gauging pressure but given the corona theres no way I'd be doing that at present.




Imagine my surprise that you're talking about your judo hobby and the how you work in a supermarket.
You know that your experiences as a supermarket employee are in no way relatable to people being killed by the police in broad daylight don't you?

You once played a martial art, for a hobby, that means you have ZERO knowledge of the situation surrounding the death. Perhaps it'd be better if you read a book or two first?

Actually did it for my country. Now I've seen photos of you and I know the only experience you'll have of physical conflict is probably getting bullied so wheesht.
User avatar
deev
Banger King
 
Posts: 15083
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Giffnock
Highscores: 3

Re: Trump 2020

Post by deev @ Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:46 pm

Doctor Congo wrote:
Pigeon wrote:
deev wrote:whined about not being able to breathe (if you can say that then yes you can)


Oh har bloody har, yeah maybe I can force a little bit of air in and out, but I can't breathe properly. I can't force enough air in and out to supply my body's needs. And the guy who is responsible for that being the case is being a pedantic tw@t about the applicability of binary statements to describing continua, and right now I have neither the breath nor the desire to engage in stupid fcuking nit-picking arguments about it.
Yup and the post mortem report shows homicide so therefore he’s talking bollocks.

Homicide for holding the choke for 9 mins. Takes about 3 secs to KO someone when the choke is locked and blood cut off. Takes longer for an air choke though but not much. Holding the choke after they're out is what kills people or causes brain damage. This guy had heart disease (because drugs) though so was likely a bit more susceptible to dying.
Last edited by deev on Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
deev
Banger King
 
Posts: 15083
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Giffnock
Highscores: 3

Re: Trump 2020

Post by deev @ Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:52 pm

span wrote:
deev wrote:
S1K wrote:However much of a scumbag George Floyd may or may not have been the police don’t have the right to kill people in the street. There were four of them and one of him, they should have been able to restrain him without killing him.

I’m not thrilled about the number of people who are taking part in mass gatherings I must admit, and I wouldn’t be too surprised if we do see a spike in infections resulting from them and the protesters defacing statues and climbing the Cenotaph don’t pull me towards their cause. It does seem though that a sizeable proportion of the public reached the end of its tether with the lockdown and it was getting to a point where it was unsustainable. Maybe it would have been different had the weather turned a week or two earlier or if Dominic Cummings hadn’t been such a cnut. We’ll never know, unless we have to go through it all again. How would the country even react to being told to go back to a strict lockdown?

The police 100% shouldn't have killed him, they're not judge dredd types yet. Having had an employee in tears in my office because they weren't allowed to go to their sisters funeral a few weeks back and the seeing tens of thousands of folk protesting about issues in another country just seems wrong at the present time. Cummings and his shenanigans have made this whole thing really hard to enforce now.

You're making so many different points (what the police did was more justifiable than people realise; George Floyd actually did bad things in his life before he was killed; protestors aren't socially distancing) that it makes me think yours are less reasoned arguments, more an on-brand irritation at the general race riots for existing and then searching around for some justifications to support that.

Quite the extrapolation. Basically calling me a racist. In which case, eff orf.
User avatar
deev
Banger King
 
Posts: 15083
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Giffnock
Highscores: 3

Re: Trump 2020

Post by Damien Thorn @ Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:39 pm

deev wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:
Pigeon wrote:
deev wrote:whined about not being able to breathe (if you can say that then yes you can)


Oh har bloody har, yeah maybe I can force a little bit of air in and out, but I can't breathe properly. I can't force enough air in and out to supply my body's needs. And the guy who is responsible for that being the case is being a pedantic tw@t about the applicability of binary statements to describing continua, and right now I have neither the breath nor the desire to engage in stupid fcuking nit-picking arguments about it.
Yup and the post mortem report shows homicide so therefore he’s talking bollocks.

Homicide for holding the choke for 9 mins. Takes about 3 secs to KO someone when the choke is locked and blood cut off. Takes longer for an air choke though but not much. Holding the choke after they're out is what kills people or causes brain damage. This guy had heart disease (because drugs) though so was likely a bit more susceptible to dying.
I'm not sure what you're saying here deev. Are you suggesting that he died because he had a history of drug taking?
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 14657
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Trump 2020

Post by Strawman @ Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:15 pm

And the psychopath cnut in a uniform who was standing on his neck made a slight error in jusgement?

I see the BLM protests as a group collectively saying enough. For the first time possibly ever we've been good and globally stayed at home and socially distanced and washed our hands and it's worked and we've saved each other and halleluyah it's not the end of times, it's shit for old people but we can do things collectively for good and that's great. Oh but the world you are emerging from lockdown into will still be the same old shit world where a if you are black or minority you can meet a cop having a bad day and he will kill you with impunity. Or something.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 41169
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: Trump 2020

Post by Doctor Congo @ Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:46 pm

deev wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:
Pigeon wrote:
deev wrote:whined about not being able to breathe (if you can say that then yes you can)


Oh har bloody har, yeah maybe I can force a little bit of air in and out, but I can't breathe properly. I can't force enough air in and out to supply my body's needs. And the guy who is responsible for that being the case is being a pedantic tw@t about the applicability of binary statements to describing continua, and right now I have neither the breath nor the desire to engage in stupid fcuking nit-picking arguments about it.
Yup and the post mortem report shows homicide so therefore he’s talking bollocks.

Homicide for holding the choke for 9 mins. Takes about 3 secs to KO someone when the choke is locked and blood cut off. Takes longer for an air choke though but not much. Holding the choke after they're out is what kills people or causes brain damage. This guy had heart disease (because drugs) though so was likely a bit more susceptible to dying.
Utter bollocks
User avatar
Doctor Congo
 
Posts: 7391
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Re: Trump 2020

Post by Doctor Congo @ Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:53 pm

And in fact he coroner is telling you that you’re talking bollocks too. He was murdered because a cop knelt in his neck for 9 minutes, ffs stop being a tw@t trying to victim shame.
User avatar
Doctor Congo
 
Posts: 7391
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Re: Trump 2020

Post by thekungfury @ Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:51 pm

Careful now. Your PM inbox will get hit with messages from him offering to fight you.
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 37769
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Trump 2020

Post by Bodhi @ Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:42 am

thekungfury wrote:Careful now. Your PM inbox will get hit with messages from him offering to fight you.


I remember a few years back he pm’d me offering to fight me if I ever went to Scotland. I guess that physical conflict is his measure of a person.


Deev, what do you do when your wife calls you a tw@t/fcukwit/thick?
User avatar
Bodhi
 
Posts: 14513
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:35 am

Re: Trump 2020

Post by Dirk @ Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:47 am

I think
1)~ Its a shame that this particular case was "chosen" as the trigger. Over the the years there have been far more clear cases of police racism in the US But that does not mean that this case should not be used
2) Its a particular shame that this particular case is being used to justify the demonstrations in this country. I would have preferred a UK example of police racism to be used as there plainly is some, albeit nowhere nearly as bad as in the US. But better that this is used than none
3) Its a shame that its happening during Covid. But that does not mean that it should not happen, merely that it would have been preferable for it to be before
4) its a shame that thugs, looters and arseholes tag on to any demonstration like this and caise looting, vandalism and theft which weakens the case being made by the demonstration. But that does not mean the demonstrations should not happen
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 32500
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: Trump 2020

Post by Doctor Congo @ Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:41 am

Dirk wrote:I think
1)~ Its a shame that this particular case was "chosen" as the trigger. Over the the years there have been far more clear cases of police racism in the US But that does not mean that this case should not be used
2) Its a particular shame that this particular case is being used to justify the demonstrations in this country. I would have preferred a UK example of police racism to be used as there plainly is some, albeit nowhere nearly as bad as in the US. But better that this is used than none
3) Its a shame that its happening during Covid. But that does not mean that it should not happen, merely that it would have been preferable for it to be before
4) its a shame that thugs, looters and arseholes tag on to any demonstration like this and caise looting, vandalism and theft which weakens the case being made by the demonstration. But that does not mean the demonstrations should not happen
What does it matter whether it’s George Floyd, Breonna Turner, Ahmed Arbery or anyone else? It’s murder and blatant discrimination due to their colour. It’s irrelevant who it was or what it was. The posts on this thread from some make me think perhaps the protests are needed as in this country people don’t want or can’t believe it’s an issue, particularly when they haven’t experienced it themselves.
User avatar
Doctor Congo
 
Posts: 7391
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Re: Trump 2020

Post by minimoog @ Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:48 am

thekungfury wrote:Careful now. Your PM inbox will get hit with messages from him offering to fight you.


Image
User avatar
minimoog
 
Posts: 10351
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:03 am

Re: Trump 2020

Post by thekungfury @ Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:51 am

The only reason I think it's a shame that Floyd was the trigger is that it gives mouth breathing slugs the ammo to deflect the real issues and say dumb shit like "He was on a criminal and he was on drugs. Play stupid games win stupid prizes" and wash their hands of it.

It helps them resolve that kneeling on the back of someone's neck for 9 minutes is not only acceptable but a "prize" for the expendable bad black man.
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 37769
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Trump 2020

Post by Dirk @ Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:01 am

thekungfury wrote:The only reason I think it's a shame that Floyd was the trigger is that it gives mouth breathing slugs the ammo to deflect the real issues and say dumb shit like "He was on a criminal and he was on drugs. Play stupid games win stupid prizes" and wash their hands of it.

It helps them resolve that kneeling on the back of someone's neck for 9 minutes is not only acceptable but a "prize" for the expendable bad black man.

And thats the reason I meant.

Like I said, it doesn't mean it shouldn't be used, I just wish other cases without any such 'get-outs' had been used
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 32500
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: Trump 2020

Post by Aesgarth @ Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:03 am

thekungfury wrote:The only reason I think it's a shame that Floyd was the trigger is that it gives mouth breathing slugs the ammo to deflect the real issues and say dumb shit like "He was on a criminal and he was on drugs. Play stupid games win stupid prizes" and wash their hands of it.

It helps them resolve that kneeling on the back of someone's neck for 9 minutes is not only acceptable but a "prize" for the expendable bad black man.

I think it's a shame that there's also the pandemic issue. I've seen it used as an argument for stopping protests all over the place (usually by white people, obvs) and while I don't agree with that argument it's a difficult one to argue with. Especially since the people that need it explaining are both entrenched in their position and utterly terrified of Covid.

fcuks sake. I'm sick of telling people to stop being cnuts and that this isn't just about one death and other shit. I'd un friend the pricks but I don't want to leave them with only people who agree with their opinions.
Aesgarth
 
Posts: 5088
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: http://www.aesgarth.co.uk/uploader/
Highscores: 4

Re: Trump 2020

Post by thekungfury @ Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:02 am

Aesgarth wrote:
thekungfury wrote:The only reason I think it's a shame that Floyd was the trigger is that it gives mouth breathing slugs the ammo to deflect the real issues and say dumb shit like "He was on a criminal and he was on drugs. Play stupid games win stupid prizes" and wash their hands of it.

It helps them resolve that kneeling on the back of someone's neck for 9 minutes is not only acceptable but a "prize" for the expendable bad black man.

I think it's a shame that there's also the pandemic issue. I've seen it used as an argument for stopping protests all over the place (usually by white people, obvs) and while I don't agree with that argument it's a difficult one to argue with. Especially since the people that need it explaining are both entrenched in their position and utterly terrified of Covid.

fcuks sake. I'm sick of telling people to stop being cnuts and that this isn't just about one death and other shit. I'd un friend the pricks but I don't want to leave them with only people who agree with their opinions.

When the 2nd wave arrives we'll see both tribes blaming each other. The ones that went to the beach will blame BLM and vice versa. Both of them will be right but neither will accept that.
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 37769
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Trump 2020

Post by Strawman @ Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:15 pm

new CNN national poll
Biden 55%
Trump 41%
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 41169
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: Trump 2020

Post by Il Duce @ Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:33 pm

Perhaps this whole thing was orchestrated to get lots of black people and liberal honkies to corona each other.

<smooths tin foil>
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 14098
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am
Location: #vespaenginematters

Re: Trump 2020

Post by Aesgarth @ Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:53 pm

Image

Jesus fcuking christ.
Aesgarth
 
Posts: 5088
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: http://www.aesgarth.co.uk/uploader/
Highscores: 4

Re: Trump 2020

Post by manfromdelmonte @ Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:26 pm

Cretinous. And how depressingly predictable that the idiotic thoughts come from someone who can't string a simple sentence together.
User avatar
manfromdelmonte
 
Posts: 1368
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:34 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Political Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

yt
  Enable youtube titles