Trump 2020

Do you have difficulty sustaining your election?

Re: Trump 2020

Post by Aesgarth @ Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:29 pm

Actually suggests slavery as a solution to BLM...
Aesgarth

Highscores: 4

Post by foo @ Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:48 pm

If there's anyone that could never see a "big picture" or "think outside the box" it's that person.
foo
Spamcop
Spamcop

Trump 2020

Post by DI Burnside @ Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:55 pm

Last edited by DI Burnside on Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DI Burnside

Highscores: 7

Post by Aesgarth @ Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:22 pm

foo wrote:If there's anyone that could never see a "big picture" or "think outside the box" it's that person.

That's basically what I said in my next reply. I'd unfriend the cnut but I want to keep trying to get the point across. This is so much hard work.
Aesgarth

Post by Doctor Congo @ Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:23 pm

Aesgarth wrote:
foo wrote:If there's anyone that could never see a "big picture" or "think outside the box" it's that person.

That's basically what I said in my next reply. I'd unfriend the cnut but I want to keep trying to get the point across. This is so much hard work.
Take one cnut at a time.....
Doctor Congo

Post by Aesgarth @ Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:57 pm

Doctor Congo wrote:
Aesgarth wrote:

100% and I'll keep arguing.
Aesgarth

Post by Il Duce @ Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:39 am

Aesgarth wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:
Aesgarth wrote:

100% and I'll keep arguing.

It could have been worse, imagine if you grew cotton in the UK.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Dirk @ Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:55 am

Karl Lutchmayer wrote:Many of my UK friends who are not part of the BAME community have posted, with varying degrees of politeness, their concerns that the current demonstrations are 'unwise' at the current time. Whilst, as the most 'British' BAME representative most of you will ever know, I share your concerns for the health of both the nation and my community, and for public order, as someone who has suffered racism throughout his life here, from the random 'paki bashings' of the 70s, to the daily name-calling of the 80s, the girls whose parents banned me from dating them, the double takes as I introduce myself as a concert pianist, and who knows what lost employment advancements along the way, I ask you all to think again.

This is not a sensible protest, it is a desperate one. Nobody wants to die of Covid and nobody wanted to be lynched by the KKK. But there comes a time when it's better to die well then live badly. Sure, the racism is largely now less overt in the UK, but it is more insidious. And if this many people are willing to put their lives in danger for a cause, even though they are more susceptible to dying from the virus than the rest of the population, then perhaps instead of critiquing you might just stay silent, listen and act next time you have the chance, in the supermarket, the interview room or at the ballot box. Or at least, just think about the privileges you have had just by being white in this country.
Dirk

Highscores: 5

Post by thekungfury @ Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:17 pm

The best argument I saw yesterday was "Well, actually I think you'll find racism was banned in UK in 1965" put forward as a reason why there is no reason for people to be protesting.

eta full quote "This might have been a reasonable message in 1960 - but in 2020?? Racism in this country became illegal in 1965"
Last edited by thekungfury on Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by deev @ Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:44 am

Bodhi wrote:
thekungfury wrote:Careful now. Your PM inbox will get hit with messages from him offering to fight you.

I remember a few years back he pm’d me offering to fight me if I ever went to Scotland. I guess that physical conflict is his measure of a person.

Deev, what do you do when your wife calls you a tw@t/fcukwit/thick?

Iirc I politely asked you to stop calling me names over some previous silly internet issue unless you wished to do so to my face like any polite person would. You construed that as wanting a fight, I guess of you feel the way you speak to people over the internet would get you a kicking in real life if you spoke that way then that's an issue for you and your odd internet persona to deal with, I mean I'm pretty sure you're perfectly normal in real life and dont need to pretend to be some kind of potty mouthed wannabe Malcom Tucker.
deev
Banger King

Highscores: 3

Post by Aesgarth @ Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:31 pm

If you think violence or intimidation is a good solution to someone saying something you don't like then that probably makes you a bit of a tool.
Last edited by Aesgarth on Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aesgarth

Post by deev @ Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:00 pm

Missing the point, I asked him basically if he would speak like that to someone in person. I very much doubt it. If he wants to construe that as being invited for a fight that's up to him. Doing it via PM is a bit better than arguing it in public no?

Hes one of the triumvirate of bullies on here, we all know who they are and why we never have new members...
deev
Banger King

Post by Strawman @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:53 am

We get occasional new members on here Deev; span, S1k, sinistercuttlefish, mostly the S names. At this point, after 12* years you are part of the core group and this place is 1/20th (wild guess at cumalative contribution) your creation as well. None of us really wanted this place like this I guess but we return. I value your opinions as an articulate (typticulate) and thoughtful person, I'm glad life is treating you decent, just mostly I disagree with your opinions, in an abstract sort of sense.

ETA - *13
Last edited by Strawman on Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strawman

Post by Aesgarth @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:07 am

deev wrote:Missing the point, I asked him basically if he would speak like that to someone in person. I very much doubt it. If he wants to construe that as being invited for a fight that's up to him. Doing it via PM is a bit better than arguing it in public no?

The only person who has employed that technique with me (moving an argument from a thread to PM) is TS. Make of that what you will. To me it comes across pretty badly
deev wrote:Hes one of the triumvirate of bullies on here, we all know who they are and why we never have new members...

Definitely agree that's a problem, although I don't agree that he's part of it. Certainly not close to the worst.
Aesgarth

Post by Il Duce @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:32 am

Od thing happened yesterday/Tues.
I'm on a couple of Vespa FB groups and many of the members had their accounts closed down due to them having pictures of skinheads (real ones not NF nutters) on their posts. Not recent posts either, most from way back, as if a bot had gone looking for any sign of white extremists.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Käsemeister @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:42 am

Käsemeister

Post by span @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:14 am

Strawman wrote:We get occasional new members on here Deev; span, S1k, sinistercuttlefish, mostly the S names.

New? NEW?!! I just checked and after popping in in 2009, it looks like I started properly in 2012. If my CTF membership were a child, it'd be playing fortnite and sleeping at its friends' houses.

New indeed.
span

Post by tanglerat @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:31 am

Who is these three bullies?

Far as I can tell, it's just some of us are bigger cnuts that the rest of us.
tanglerat
Ruler of the Queen's Navee

Post by Deuteronomy @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:42 am

tanglerat wrote:Who is these three bullies?

Well, Span, obviously - then, erm, I suppose KM is pretty ghastly and Strawms has a hidden vicious streak.

So yes, Span, KM and Strawms.
Deuteronomy

Post by Damien Thorn @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:50 am

Agree.

I suspect I know who deev means, but I also suspect not everyone would agree with him. More than anything, I suspect it's simply a case of people you get on well with, and people you really don't. Coupled with how you express yourself, ofc.

As far as it goes with deev; to me it appears that he sometimes expresses opinions that seem ill-considered and belligerently worded. But it's relatively easy to not respond to those comments, or to reply calmly. Other posters may not feel the same.

As in everything, I know people are pretty much always nicer irl than they appear on here. I expect I'd get on alright with deev if I met him, just as I got on really well with The Three Bullies when I've met them.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by span @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:57 am

Damien Thorn wrote:

Agree.

I suspect I know who deev means, but I also suspect not everyone would agree with him. More than anything, I suspect it's simply a case of people you get on well with, and people you really don't. Coupled with how you express yourself, ofc.

As far as it goes with deev; to me it appears that he sometimes expresses opinions that seem ill-considered and belligerently worded. But it's relatively easy to not respond to those comments, or to reply calmly. Other posters may not feel the same.

As in everything, I know people are pretty much always nicer irl than they appear on here. I expect I'd get on alright with deev if I met him, just as I got on really well with The Three Bullies when I've met them.

I agree with this, really.

Deev a lot of what you say winds me up a bit, but then lots of my favourite people wind me up all the time. You should hear Mr Span sometimes, if he were a poster on here he would drive me mad. So it is a slightly unfair medium in that respect but then it goes both ways and while X winds Y up more, Y's angry response comes across as more aggressive and uncomprehending than it would otherwise.
span

Post by deev @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:02 am

Last edited by deev on Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
deev
Banger King

Post by Deuteronomy @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:25 am

span wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:

Agree.

I agree with this, really.

Deev a lot of what you say winds me up a bit, but then lots of my favourite people wind me up all the time. You should hear Mr Span sometimes, if he were a poster on here he would drive me mad. So it is a slightly unfair medium in that respect but then it goes both ways and while X winds Y up more, Y's angry response comes across as more aggressive and uncomprehending than it would otherwise.

Spoken like a true bully there Span, shocking.

Poor Mr Span.
Deuteronomy

Post by minimoog @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:44 am

:grips CTF by lapels: Having just picked up a 7 day ban for bullying on PH all you cnuts had better behave yourselves, or else. See?
minimoog

Post by minimoog @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:57 pm

Oh and Smiler - :wavey-finger:

:)
minimoog

Post by ypauly @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:00 pm

minimoog wrote:Oh and Smiler - :wavey-finger:

7 days?

Fcukin amateur :thumbup:
ypauly

Post by minimoog @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:13 pm

ypauly wrote:

7 days?

A few of the CTF elder statesmen have got their lifetime ban badges.
minimoog

Post by ypauly @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:24 pm

minimoog wrote:
ypauly wrote:

7 days?

A few of the CTF elder statesmen have got their lifetime ban badges.

Yeah me too, you will find your blood pressure drops without PH and the world becomes nicer

What did you do?
ypauly

Post by minimoog @ Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:40 pm

ypauly wrote:What did you do?

Made a snowflake cry.
minimoog

Post by minornut @ Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:04 pm

96548ABF-A0F1-4688-B479-2FB05F963B1B.jpeg
Speaks out of his arse
96548ABF-A0F1-4688-B479-2FB05F963B1B.jpeg (64.66 KiB) Viewed 92 times

A fitting portrait of The Donald made out of pigs entrails. I’m sure you can guess what they used for the mouth.
minornut

Highscores: 2

PreviousNext

Return to Political Corner