Obamagate

Do you have difficulty sustaining your election?

Re: Obamagate

Post by Damien Thorn @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:10 am

ypauly wrote:
DI Burnside wrote:Why are you all still engaging with this tw@t ?

Because they must defend Obama/Attack Trump at all costs

I'm have not been defending Obama in any way.

In the other thread, my only "attack" on Trump was to say that I thought him reprehensible because of what he did in responding to the disabled reporter. You will remember how you said that in fact he did not respond in the way I thought, and to prove it you posted a video showing him doing it.

Another example, btw, of you being able to embed a YouTube video into a post.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by ypauly @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:10 am

Damien Thorn wrote:
ypauly wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:
CJ+ wrote:
ypauly wrote:
CJ+ wrote:
ypauly wrote:
CJ+ wrote:Oh mate.

No-one's going to watch an hour of some random wingnut on YouTube ranting at a camera.

And no, said random wingnut on YouTube ranting at a camera does not constitute "a source".

He has been right all along and if you watch he provides sources and evidence for everything he says unlike the MSM

Actual evidence aswell not the imaginary Adam Schiff type of evidence you have all been wanking iver for the last 3 years.

So be a good egg, and provide the sources, so I don't have to spend an hour watching the kind of cnut who goes on Infowars.
he is an ex FBI agent who used to keep the president safe he knows about things like evidence and isn't the usual youtube nut job.

Jesus. It seems that even I've done more research into your new boyf than you have. He's never been in the FBI. He was plod, and then joined the Secret Service.

Bongino joined the United States Secret Service in 1999 as a special agent,[4] leaving the New York Field Office in 2002 to become an instructor at the Secret Service Training Academy in Beltsville, Maryland. In 2006, he was assigned to the U.S. Presidential Protection Division during George W. Bush's second term. He remained on protective duty after Barack Obama became President, leaving in May 2011 to run for the U.S. Senate.[4]

Bongino's book about his career as a Secret Service agent, Life Inside the Bubble, was released in 2013. The book discusses his experiences protecting presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama and investigating federal crimes along with his 2012 run for the U.S. Senate in Maryland.[5]

Bongino was criticized by former colleagues at the Secret Service for using his Secret Service background as part of his run for political office and for his claim of having secret information based on conversations he overheard in the Obama White House.[6][7][1] A former colleague criticized him for trying to use his proximity to President Obama in his political career: "He's trying to draw attention to himself and he's hijacking the Secret Service brand. That's all he's got going for him." Bongino said he had access to "high-level discussions" in the White House. Unnamed former colleagues said he "tends to exaggerate his importance on the presidential detail and exaggerate his proximity" and that "We don't sit in on meetings at the White House. We don't sit in on high-level meetings."[6] In response to the criticism from an anonymous former colleague, Bongino stated "There's nothing confidential in the book" and "It's not a tell-all. It's my tale of the Secret Service."[8]

Oh look. Turns out he's full of shit. Surprise!!
I read that too, and considered quoting the parts on here where his claims to "know" things were thoroughly refuted by peers.

But then I remembered how it went with ypauly in the Trump thread and couldn't be bothered. In the end it felt pointless trying to engage with him.

Also, don't expect ypauly to provide the citations and sources from the YouTube video he posted, I asked him to do that with the lengthy video he posted on the Trump thread but he wouldn't.

It's not wouldn't but couldn't as I have no idea how to take things from a video, you lot on here should know my IT skills are lacking as I have asked for help several times most recently in one of the music threads how you all embed youtube video like here

http://www.chew-the-fat.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=40974

Well firstly, you watch it and then write the relevant bits for people to debate without them having to watch the video.

And secondly, you embedded a YouTube video into your op.
I embedded a link to the video and looking back at the thread example I post my failed attempts at embedding appear to have worked after I posted about their failure so maybe I got it right
ypauly

Post by ypauly @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:12 am

Damien Thorn wrote:
ypauly wrote:
DI Burnside wrote:Why are you all still engaging with this tw@t ?

Because they must defend Obama/Attack Trump at all costs

I'm have not been defending Obama in any way.

In the other thread, my only "attack" on Trump was to say that I thought him reprehensible because of what he did in responding to the disabled reporter. You will remember how you said that in fact he did not respond in the way I thought, and to prove it you posted a video showing him doing it.

Another example, btw, of you being able to embed a YouTube video into a post.

I can embed it appears but have been posting links I see those as different things as embed to me is a little video thing
ypauly

Post by Damien Thorn @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:12 am

Can I ask ypauly, what constitutes "MSM" in your opinion? And what doesn't?
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by ypauly @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:13 am

Anyway I will go off and see if I can find other links to the evidence as videos go unwatched
ypauly

Post by CJ+ @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:14 am

ypauly wrote:Anyway I will go off and see if I can find other links to the evidence as videos go unwatched

Hurrah!
CJ+

Highscores: 1

Post by ypauly @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:17 am

CJ+ wrote:
ypauly wrote:Anyway I will go off and see if I can find other links to the evidence as videos go unwatched

Hurrah!

Not sure how good this is https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/m ... ed-n390520

This mentions a Jan 5th meeting which is the day after the FBI wanted to drop the case against Flynn due to having No evidence also many of the dates on the unmasking request predate the actual phone call which makes it look like the unmasking requests are a cover for something else
Last edited by ypauly on Fri May 15, 2020 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
ypauly

Post by ypauly @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:22 am

ypauly wrote:
CJ+ wrote:

Hurrah!

Not sure how good this is https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/m ... ed-n390520

This mentions a Jan 5th meeting which is the day after the FBI wanted to drop the case against Flynn due to having No evidence also many of the dates on the unmasking request predate the actual phone call which makes it look like the unmasking requests are a cover for something else

The video explained this much better
ypauly

Post by Damien Thorn @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:23 am

ypauly wrote:
CJ+ wrote:

Hurrah!

Thank you for that. I have read the whole article - even though I have no context for pjmedia, so don't know if they are a legitimate news body or a partisan mouthpiece.

However, the article is very careful not to extend any allegations towards Obama himself. Can you please point out what I've missed?
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Damien Thorn @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:27 am

Last edited by Damien Thorn on Fri May 15, 2020 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Damien Thorn @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:28 am

Damien Thorn wrote:Never mind ypauly, I've checked on PJ Media myself:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PJ_Media

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/pj-media/

Hmm. I've tried editing that a couple of times. The wiki link won't seem to show up.

Let me try again:

Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by ypauly @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:29 am

Damien Thorn wrote:
ypauly wrote:
CJ+ wrote:

Hurrah!

Thank you for that. I have read the whole article - even though I have no context for pjmedia, so don't know if they are a legitimate news body or a partisan mouthpiece.

However, the article is very careful not to extend any allegations towards Obama himself. Can you please point out what I've missed?

https://disrn.com/news/trump-shares-cli ... obamagate/

The bongino video is much better but here is a shorter video of a fox news bloke explaining
ypauly

Post by Damien Thorn @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:30 am

Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by ypauly @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:31 am

Damien Thorn wrote:

Hmm. I've tried editing that a couple of times. The wiki link won't seem to show up.

Let me try again:

I have no idea of pj media they just came up in a search but the simple fact that again the messenger is attacked rather than any content shows a bias I can't help
ypauly

Post by Damien Thorn @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:34 am

Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by CJ+ @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:36 am

ypauly wrote:
CJ+ wrote:

Hurrah!

Much better. I don't have a bloke with a dubious 'tache yelling at me now.

But it's the same old same old - lots of portentous language (and a lot of detail - some of which will be accurate, some of which will be out of context, some of which will be misrepresented, and some of which will be fabricated) about how this and that activity was obviously a CRIMINAL ACT, but not very much about how said CRIMINAL ACT led to someone getting arrested and charged and tried and jailed, like what (usually) happens with obvious CRIMINAL ACTS.

In other words, it's a lot of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Just pop your critical thinking hat on for a moment - if this was such a slam-dunk, there wouldn't be vague tweets from not-even-blue-ticked journalists-who-retweet-themselves (Paul Sperry!) from November about un-named Senate committees investigating un-specified things, there'd be people going to prison. After all, Trump couldn't wait to throw his own people under the bus - Paul Manafort springs to mind - so I can only imagine his unbounded glee at being able to get Biden/Obama or their people into court. He hasn't done it in three and a half years, so what's the rational conclusion?
CJ+

Post by Damien Thorn @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:40 am

ypauly wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:

Let me try again:

I have no idea of pj media they just came up in a search but the simple fact that again the messenger is attacked rather than any content shows a bias I can't help

I would happily engage with what we could agree might be an impartial source or citation ypauly. Perhaps unlike you, I'm interested to see whether something I'm reading is trying to promote an agenda, or is simply interested in disseminating fact.

Rather than attack PJ Media I'm simply posting results that "just came up in a search". Results that I confess left me doubtful of the value of what they publish in regard of political debate.

I confess I also struggle to see how you might think that Trump's own statements attacking the legitimacy of his direct political opponents might be helpful establishing, well, anything.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by ypauly @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:40 am

CJ+ wrote:
ypauly wrote:
CJ+ wrote:

Hurrah!

Much better. I don't have a bloke with a dubious 'tache yelling at me now.

But it's the same old same old - lots of portentous language (and a lot of detail - some of which will be accurate, some of which will be out of context, some of which will be misrepresented, and some of which will be fabricated) about how this and that activity was obviously a CRIMINAL ACT, but not very much about how said CRIMINAL ACT led to someone getting arrested and charged and tried and jailed, like what (usually) happens with obvious CRIMINAL ACTS.

In other words, it's a lot of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Just pop your critical thinking hat on for a moment - if this was such a slam-dunk, there wouldn't be vague tweets from not-even-blue-ticked journalists-who-retweet-themselves (Paul Sperry!) from November about un-named Senate committees investigating un-specified things, there'd be people going to prison. After all, Trump couldn't wait to throw his own people under the bus - Paul Manafort springs to mind - so I can only imagine his unbounded glee at being able to get Biden/Obama or their people into court. He hasn't done it in three and a half years, so what's the rational conclusion?

The logical conclusion for me is they need a full and proper investigation and not a partisan one like the Mueller fiasco

We know for sure that people were up to no good, we need to know who they were.
ypauly

Post by Damien Thorn @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:43 am

Damien Thorn wrote:Can I ask ypauly, what constitutes "MSM" in your opinion? And what doesn't?
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by ypauly @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:44 am

Damien Thorn wrote:
I confess I also struggle to see how you might think that Trump's own statements attacking the legitimacy of his direct political opponents might be helpful establishing, well, anything.
They don't but I can see why Trump is pissed off as if this evidence was him or one of his people the media and the Democrats would be all over it like a rash, it is double standards, we know Trump is a tw@t but that doesn't make a criminal conspiracy to take him down OK.
ypauly

Post by ypauly @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:46 am

Damien Thorn wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:Can I ask ypauly, what constitutes "MSM" in your opinion? And what doesn't?

For me it is long establish major news channels like the BBC, SKY and overseas like CNN and reuters.
ypauly

Post by Damien Thorn @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:48 am

ypauly wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:

For me it is long establish major news channels like the BBC, SKY and overseas like CNN and reuters.

Thank you. Do you think they are inherently biased, or incapable of factual reporting? Or are colluding with a political administration?
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by CJ+ @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:49 am

ypauly wrote:The logical conclusion for me is they need a full and proper investigation and not a partisan one like the Mueller fiasco

Donald J. Trump, a registered Republican, appointed Mueller, who is also registered Republican. What is the evidence that Mueller's investigation was partisan? Bear in mind that Mueller's record of service to the US, going back decades, is absolutely flawless.

Well, we know Flynn was up to no good, because that mufu pled guilty!
Last edited by CJ+ on Fri May 15, 2020 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
CJ+

Post by thekungfury @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:49 am

Damien Thorn wrote:

I won't check but I'd put money on him posting Fox News links at some point, aka the most watched news channel.
Last edited by thekungfury on Fri May 15, 2020 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
thekungfury

Post by Damien Thorn @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:50 am

I was just looking to see what I could find relating to Obama ordering wiretaps, and this made interesting reading:

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/09/revisiting-trumps-wiretap-tweets/
Last edited by Damien Thorn on Fri May 15, 2020 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Damien Thorn @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:51 am

Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by ypauly @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:53 am

CJ+ wrote:
ypauly wrote:The logical conclusion for me is they need a full and proper investigation and not a partisan one like the Mueller fiasco

Donald J. Trump appointed Mueller, who is a registered Republican. What is the evidence that Mueller's investigation was partisan? Bear in mind that Mueller's record going back decades is absolutely flawless.

Well, we know Flynn was up to no good, because that mufu pled guilty!

A coerced guilty plea to save his son is hardly showing him being up to no good, even the FBI said he never lied and they had nothing, that's what this is all about, just one day later the FBI (Comey) saying they can't drop it after he attended that meeting
ypauly

Post by ypauly @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:54 am

Damien Thorn wrote:I was just looking to see what I could find relating to Obama ordering wiretaps, and this made interesting reading:

He didn't order wire taps
ypauly

Post by Dirk @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:56 am

MSM view:
Its all a load of bollocks and just Trump trying to distract from the fact that he is a useless tw@t.
No evidence at all, just a series of out of context facts strung together with some vague allegations to justify the word on the title of this topic

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/15/opinion/virus-rick-bright-obamagate.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sethcohen/2020/05/14/the-real-scandal-of-obamagate-unmasking-the-leadership-of-distraction/#5d2700c028bd

Who do we believe?
hmmm
Dirk

Highscores: 5

Post by Damien Thorn @ Fri May 15, 2020 11:57 am

ypauly wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:I was just looking to see what I could find relating to Obama ordering wiretaps, and this made interesting reading:

He didn't order wire taps

Clearly.

Can you clarify what we're looking for here that might constitute "Obamagate"?
Last edited by Damien Thorn on Fri May 15, 2020 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

PreviousNext

Return to Political Corner