Tree house!

Crystal chandeliers, etc.

Re: Tree house!

Post by Disastrous @ Mon May 11, 2020 4:18 pm

thekungfury wrote:Here's a picture of my tree house.
Image

It's not strictly in a tree and I didn't build it and I found the picture online but it qualifies for the thread I think.



I’d hoped it wouldn’t come to this but fair enough, here is mine:

Image
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 39843
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Tree house!

Post by CJ+ @ Mon May 11, 2020 4:21 pm

I think you'll agree that given the presence of trees, and a house, that my latest little project just about qualifies:

Image
User avatar
CJ+
 
Posts: 17450
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Location: Lave Orbital Station
Highscores: 1

Re: Tree house!

Post by Bodhi @ Mon May 11, 2020 5:05 pm

thekungfury wrote:Here's a picture of my tree house.
[img]Water%20Tree%20House[/img]

It's not strictly in a tree and I didn't build it and I found the picture online but it qualifies for the thread I think.



Your tree house is the fcuking bomb Teeks.
User avatar
Bodhi
 
Posts: 14495
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:35 am

Re: Tree house!

Post by Deuteronomy @ Mon May 11, 2020 5:33 pm

Thanks Dirk - see what you've done?

Fcuking ruined it.

ETA: That boat looks les actual tits though.

thekungfury wrote:Image

Last edited by Deuteronomy on Mon May 11, 2020 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 18054
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: Tree house!

Post by ypauly @ Mon May 11, 2020 5:41 pm

thekungfury wrote:Here's a picture of my tree house.
Image

It's not strictly in a tree and I didn't build it and I found the picture online but it qualifies for the thread I think.

Must be autumn as the leaves have gone
User avatar
ypauly
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 11:20 pm

Re: Tree house!

Post by Pigeon @ Mon May 11, 2020 5:47 pm

There aren't any bits sticking up into the air to catch the wind either.

On the other hand it looks like (hard to tell because the photo is too fuzzy) it has a decent stash of depth charges on the foredeck and a radar directed anti-aircraft cannon. Although you probably want the depth charges at the stern if you're going to use them and the mount for the cannon looks like it would fall to bits from the recoil after a couple of rounds.
User avatar
Pigeon
CTF Technical Expert
CTF Technical Expert
 
Posts: 24552
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:50 pm
Location: All alone in the crazy city

Re: Tree house!

Post by thekungfury @ Sat May 16, 2020 1:50 pm

Want to make your tree house blend into the surroundings? Cover it in mirrors like this Swedish one.

Image
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 37721
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Tree house!

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Sun May 17, 2020 8:50 am

thekungfury wrote:Want to make your tree house blend into the surroundings? Cover it in mirrors like this Swedish one.

Image

That's the residence of a Mr. P. Redator...
User avatar
Careless Whisperer
 
Posts: 16178
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:07 pm
Location: The Real World
Highscores: 5

Re: Tree house!

Post by selo @ Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:32 pm

Well i don't put very much on the internet at all anymore. But I do like to read. And I thought the treehouse was great. So much so in fact, that it formed the basis of an idea.

I've been offered an old playhouse, which I'll dismantle and attempt to fit in a small trailer next week.

The order is in for a new drill and impact driver.

CAD drawings with supporting calculations are in progress. Just to make it feel like I'm not grafting random bits of wood into a tree.

Then I'll buy some timber and the reality will hit home that I'm quite incompetent when it comes to all this and my wife will ask if I'm sure I know what I'm doing and is it actually safe and the kids will be disappointed that it isn't going to be finished in twenty minutes.

But thanks anyway, I'm quite excited about it.

Sent from my HTC Desire 12+ using Tapatalk
selo
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:35 pm

Re: Tree house!

Post by tanglerat @ Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:00 pm

selo wrote:Well i don't put very much on the internet at all anymore. But I do like to read. And I thought the treehouse was great. So much so in fact, that it formed the basis of an idea.

I've been offered an old playhouse, which I'll dismantle and attempt to fit in a small trailer next week.

The order is in for a new drill and impact driver.

CAD drawings with supporting calculations are in progress. Just to make it feel like I'm not grafting random bits of wood into a tree.

Then I'll buy some timber and the reality will hit home that I'm quite incompetent when it comes to all this and my wife will ask if I'm sure I know what I'm doing and is it actually safe and the kids will be disappointed that it isn't going to be finished in twenty minutes.

But thanks anyway, I'm quite excited about it.

Sent from my HTC Desire 12+ using Tapatalk


Sounds good. I'm looking forward to the build progression.

Oh. If you've been keeping up with various events here on CTF you'll know we're all very keen on including welders and welding in build reports. You might include chainsaws too in yours.
User avatar
tanglerat
Ruler of the Queen's Navee
 
Posts: 7864
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:49 pm

Re: Tree house!

Post by selo @ Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:10 pm

I do keep up to date and I'm ashamed that I have no welder. But to be fair usage of one would be a bit limited. I'll try and get a staged chainsaw pic.

Quite liberating this posting. It's like staying up past midnight.

Sent from my HTC Desire 12+ using Tapatalk
selo
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:35 pm

Re: Tree house!

Post by span @ Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:27 pm

.
Last edited by span on Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
span
 
Posts: 7727
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:14 pm

Re: Tree house!

Post by span @ Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:28 pm

span wrote:
selo wrote:Quite liberating this posting. It's like staying up past midnight.

:D

Good luck! Look forward to seeing pics.
User avatar
span
 
Posts: 7727
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:14 pm

Re: Tree house!

Post by Damien Thorn @ Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:46 pm

selo wrote:I do keep up to date and I'm ashamed that I have no welder. But to be fair usage of one would be a bit limited. I'll try and get a staged chainsaw pic.

Quite liberating this posting. It's like staying up past midnight.

Sent from my HTC Desire 12+ using Tapatalk
Top work selo!

Let's have some more, yeah?
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 14589
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Tree house!

Post by minimoog @ Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:56 pm

Good man. Looking forward to the build report!
User avatar
minimoog
 
Posts: 10335
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:03 am

Re: Tree house!

Post by Deuteronomy @ Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:07 am

Yes, good work and remember to post pictures of progress
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 18054
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: Tree house!

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:41 am

Selo has got this project worked out perfectly, according to the Deuts school of progress.

Brief: Build something for the kids to play in. Trees are cool.

Plan: Build a playhouse in a tree.

1st Action: Dismantle play house...
User avatar
Careless Whisperer
 
Posts: 16178
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:07 pm
Location: The Real World
Highscores: 5

Re: Tree house!

Post by HappyGoLucky @ Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:45 am

Careless Whisperer wrote:Selo has got this project worked out perfectly, according to the Deuts school of progress.

Brief: Build something for the kids to play in. Trees are cool.

Plan: Build a playhouse in a tree.

1st Action: Dismantle play house...

2nd Action: Remove tree!
User avatar
HappyGoLucky
 
Posts: 6636
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 9:13 am
Location: Lost in my own little world!
Highscores: 3

Re: Tree house!

Post by S1K @ Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:36 pm

CAD sounds a bit dangerously professional though. I’m worried it might reduce the probability of fcuk ups.
User avatar
S1K
 
Posts: 7860
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Re: Tree house!

Post by Dirk @ Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:51 pm

S1K wrote:CAD sounds a bit dangerously professional though. I’m worried it might reduce the probability of fcuk ups.

But may mean he is better with computers than sharp tools so there is more chance of fcuk ups
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 32456
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: Tree house!

Post by selo @ Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:04 pm

Sorry the CAD stuff came out far too pretentious. I work in engineering and have access to people who can do these things.

In reality, this means I'll get rolly eye engineering sadfaces when I update them after completely ignoring their carefully composed drawings with detailed specs and beautiful formula filled spreadsheets, after favouring some timber offcuts I've found on gumtree, cut with a shonky evolution mitre saw, combined with Toolstations finest joining materials and finding my dimensions were a bit out in the first place.

Anyway, I'll pick up my new drill and driver tomorrow. A Milwaukee set if that's OK?

Sent from my HTC Desire 12+ using Tapatalk
selo
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:35 pm

Re: Tree house!

Post by Damien Thorn @ Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:13 pm

selo wrote:I work in engineering and have access to people who can do these things.


I work in engineering too, and also have access to a colleague's CAD expertise. But I find it best to totally forget about all of that when I decide I'm going to make something.

Less shame all round.
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 14589
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Tree house!

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:32 pm

My problem is I can do the nice CAD drawings and am then terrified what I make will be shit, either because I can't build what I've drawn or worse, because my drawings are shit and that's the bit I'm supposed to be good at.

So I end up doing nothing.
User avatar
Careless Whisperer
 
Posts: 16178
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:07 pm
Location: The Real World
Highscores: 5

Re: Tree house!

Post by Aesgarth @ Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:48 pm

I'm ok (deliberate lower case) at CAD. Usually use sketchup because it's free. Sometimes what I draw looks a bit like what I end up making.

XXXX

Image
Image
The more observant among you may spot the missing shelf on the real one.
Last edited by Aesgarth on Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aesgarth
 
Posts: 5063
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: http://www.aesgarth.co.uk/uploader/
Highscores: 4

Re: Tree house!

Post by HappyGoLucky @ Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:54 am

Aesgarth wrote:The more observant among you may spot the missing shelf on the real one.

The sofa isn't quite the same as the sketch up either...
User avatar
HappyGoLucky
 
Posts: 6636
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 9:13 am
Location: Lost in my own little world!
Highscores: 3

Re: Tree house!

Post by Dirk @ Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:05 am

I was wondering how the woman turned out
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 32456
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: Tree house!

Post by S1K @ Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:46 am

Dirk wrote:I was wondering how the woman turned out


066E7493-D6DF-45FF-9ACC-EBCA1191CA90.jpeg
066E7493-D6DF-45FF-9ACC-EBCA1191CA90.jpeg (33.95 KiB) Viewed 79 times
User avatar
S1K
 
Posts: 7860
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Previous

Return to Houses and Blouses

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

yt
  Enable youtube titles