The Coronavirus thread

Sit down and tell us what's wrong with you.

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by Doctor Congo @ Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:53 pm

No you can’t. As demonstrated by every poster apart from you, you cherry pick the facts to wholly exonerate the government from any responsibility at any time despite evidence to the contrary. Yes I can’t discuss with you further and I don’t think anyone else can be bothered to either.
User avatar
Doctor Congo
 
Posts: 7472
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by manfromdelmonte @ Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:57 pm

There definitely comes a time in any argument where it's best to just leave it. Nobody can win from here.
Last edited by manfromdelmonte on Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
manfromdelmonte
 
Posts: 1462
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:34 pm

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by whyohwhy @ Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:26 am

The fact is no one will, change Dirks mind or DR C,s and that's fact

Dirk likes Boris , DR C doesn't and therefore both will use the "facts" to try and support their view

I don't actually think anyone or any government has got this completly right. It was a poison chalice from the start and I don't envy anyone who had to make the decisions they did at the time. A labour government under Corbyn would have done no better.

Hindsight is a most wonderful thing and we have a media who are like playground bullies always looking for the next weak target and prove they knew better and would/could have done better. We have a poisonous failure orientated media.

This started in China, in a lab, and either by accident incompetence or design has wreaked havoc on the world and killed hundreds of thousands of people. That wasn't any government's fault other than the Chinese.

This has never happened before and whilst some decisions will be proved wrong I think they will have been made with the best intentions and with the knowledge available at the time.

Like or loath Boris , I wouldn't want his job
User avatar
whyohwhy
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 3:16 pm
Location: CN Hyggebo CNTE HyygeboTE

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by ypauly @ Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:32 am

whyohwhy wrote:The fact is no one will, change Dirks mind or DR C,s and that's fact

Dirk likes Boris , DR C doesn't and therefore both will use the "facts" to try and support their view

I don't actually think anyone or any government has got this completly right. It was a poison chalice from the start and I don't envy anyone who had to make the decisions they did at the time. A labour government under Corbyn would have done no better.

Hindsight is a most wonderful thing and we have a media who are like playground bullies always looking for the next weak target and prove they knew better and would/could have done better. We have a poisonous failure orientated media.

This started in China, in a lab, and either by accident incompetence or design has wreaked havoc on the world and killed hundreds of thousands of people. That wasn't any government's fault other than the Chinese.

This has never happened before and whilst some decisions will be proved wrong I think they will have been made with the best intentions and with the knowledge available at the time.

Like or loath Boris , I wouldn't want his job

I liked Boris, I voted Tory, but what we are seeing (Brexit excluded) is what I thought would happen if Corbyn was elected, I know he was ill for a few weeks but since the election, his leadership has been none existent, even in Parliament he has Gove and moggy holding him up and fighting his corner for him
User avatar
ypauly
 
Posts: 1101
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 11:20 pm

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by whyohwhy @ Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:38 am

And if he was doing everything and always being at the front there are those who will say he was monopolising the situation

There isn't a way he or anyone can win because there is always someone who thinks differently and disagrees with his method

Let him get on with it, do it his way and in 4 years vote accordingly
User avatar
whyohwhy
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 3:16 pm
Location: CN Hyggebo CNTE HyygeboTE

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by ypauly @ Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:40 am

whyohwhy wrote:And if he was doing everything and always being at the front there are those who will say he was monopolising the situation

There isn't a way he or anyone can win because there is always someone who thinks differently and disagrees with his method

Let him get on with it, do it his way and in 4 years vote accordingly

Sensible
User avatar
ypauly
 
Posts: 1101
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 11:20 pm

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by Aesgarth @ Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:07 am

whyohwhy wrote:This started in China, in a lab, and either by accident incompetence or design has wreaked havoc on the world and killed hundreds of thousands of people. That wasn't any government's fault other than the Chinese.

Wait what? I was with you until that bit.
Aesgarth
 
Posts: 5130
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: http://www.aesgarth.co.uk/uploader/
Highscores: 4

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by whyohwhy @ Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:18 am

Aesgarth wrote:
whyohwhy wrote:This started in China, in a lab, and either by accident incompetence or design has wreaked havoc on the world and killed hundreds of thousands of people. That wasn't any government's fault other than the Chinese.

Wait what? I was with you until that bit.


Where did it come from then?
User avatar
whyohwhy
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 3:16 pm
Location: CN Hyggebo CNTE HyygeboTE

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by S1K @ Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:32 am

Did SARS and MERS and HIV also come from labs? New viruses can and do emerge naturally when they mutate or spread from another species to humans.
User avatar
S1K
 
Posts: 8087
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by Bodhi @ Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:33 am

whyohwhy wrote:
Aesgarth wrote:
whyohwhy wrote:This started in China, in a lab, and either by accident incompetence or design has wreaked havoc on the world and killed hundreds of thousands of people. That wasn't any government's fault other than the Chinese.

Wait what? I was with you until that bit.


Where did it come from then?


I believe the general consensus amongst the scientific community is that it originated in a live animal market. Possibly from bats to another animal, maybe a Pangolin, and then to humans.

Like I say that's just the generally accepted scientific view, there maybe people who know better because they've read it on the internet.
User avatar
Bodhi
 
Posts: 14532
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:35 am

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by manfromdelmonte @ Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:40 am

whyohwhy wrote:
Aesgarth wrote:
whyohwhy wrote:This started in China, in a lab, and either by accident incompetence or design has wreaked havoc on the world and killed hundreds of thousands of people. That wasn't any government's fault other than the Chinese.

Wait what? I was with you until that bit.


Where did it come from then?



That's not how it works. The person who makes the unconventional claim should prove it to be true, not ask others to prove it isn't.

I know Trump claims to have seen evidence that it came from a lab, but he has less credibility for speaking truth than almost anyone on earth.

It may have come from a lab, but the majority of experts worldwide seem to agree that that's unlikely.
User avatar
manfromdelmonte
 
Posts: 1462
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:34 pm

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by Strawman @ Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:08 pm

If it was made in lab, either they got lucky/unlucky and knocked their technovirus out the park on an early run and have technology unknown to the rest of science or it came from a bat, razor applies here.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 41320
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: European Corvus corax

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by whyohwhy @ Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:55 pm

I don't think it was made in a lab, I think it escaped from a lab.

And that's just my opinion after reading stuff on the internet

In some ways I'd rather it had as that can be secured whereas the wet markets are open again
User avatar
whyohwhy
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 3:16 pm
Location: CN Hyggebo CNTE HyygeboTE

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by ypauly @ Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:17 pm

whyohwhy wrote:I don't think it was made in a lab, I think it escaped from a lab.

And that's just my opinion after reading stuff on the internet

In some ways I'd rather it had as that can be secured whereas the wet markets are open again

I think there was more than meets the eye, the way governments panicked is not consistent with what we are now seeing, yet when this started videos on social media from china were showing seemingly ok people just dropping dead on the spot, whole families in homes just dead, young and old, something changed, so maybe in was genetically modified and they were able to change it in some way by spreading a lesser strain
User avatar
ypauly
 
Posts: 1101
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 11:20 pm

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by Dirk @ Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:37 pm

whyohwhy wrote:Dirk likes Boris ,

I agreed with the rest of your post, but whatever you believe, that bit isn't true.

Except in the sense that a I like him as an entertainer. But I don't like him as a politician. Though there aren't too many others at the moment that I like either
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 32636
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by whyohwhy @ Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:43 pm

Dirk wrote:
whyohwhy wrote:Dirk likes Boris ,

I agreed with the rest of your post, but whatever you believe, that bit isn't true.

Except in the sense that a I like him as an entertainer. But I don't like him as a politician. Though there aren't too many others at the moment that I like either


Ok sorry maybe I should have said you were pro Tory

I like him, I'm not sure about him but he is what we have. And the alternatives are thin on the ground
User avatar
whyohwhy
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 3:16 pm
Location: CN Hyggebo CNTE HyygeboTE

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by Il Duce @ Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:27 am

What a fvckwit. Tooty Benny Venooty.

Boris, if you're going to speak Italian at least make sure the 3 words are correct.


Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsJ15_Mcp1o
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 14199
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am
Location: #vespaenginematters

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by Pigeon @ Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:10 pm

Why are there all people all over the place? Go home you cnuts.
User avatar
Pigeon
CTF Technical Expert
CTF Technical Expert
 
Posts: 24619
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:50 pm
Location: All alone in the crazy city

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by Doctor Congo @ Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:27 pm

User avatar
Doctor Congo
 
Posts: 7472
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by Bodhi @ Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:32 pm

Doctor Congo wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/17/world/europe/uk-contact-tracing-coronavirus.html


Pretty damning.
User avatar
Bodhi
 
Posts: 14532
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:35 am

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by Dirk @ Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:57 pm

Bodhi wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/17/world/europe/uk-contact-tracing-coronavirus.html


Pretty damning.

Indeed.

More detail
More than one in four people who test positive cannot be reached by the test and trace system in England, data shows.

In the first two weeks of operation to 10 June, the service was given the details of 14,000 people to follow up.

But fewer than 10,200 could be reached. Some failed to provide the right contact details, while others did not return calls.


And the app looks to be getting dropped altogether
Last edited by Dirk on Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 32636
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by Dirk @ Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:28 pm

Mind you, I wondered how successful the German tracing operation has been. Found this interesting article. They reckon the apps are useless too, and although the figures don't directly it says
In about 65 percent of the cases here, health authorities have no idea how a person was infected.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/contact-tracing-coronavirus-germany/2020/05/24/7e59a668-93c1-11ea-87a3-22d324235636_story.html

Annoyingly I've not yet managed to find anything that says what % of contacts the trace, but I assume it is higher
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 32636
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by thekungfury @ Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:46 pm

The public sector’s complete inability to deliver on large scale projects like this is as depressing as it is predictable. Complete shambles. If it didn’t impact so many people in terms of health and income it would be hilarious.
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 37919
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by Dirk @ Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:06 pm

Some good news at least
Last week, for the first week since mid-March, the number of people who died was no higher than is normal at this time of year
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 32636
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by Doctor Congo @ Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:41 pm

thekungfury wrote:The public sector’s complete inability to deliver on large scale projects like this is as depressing as it is predictable. Complete shambles. If it didn’t impact so many people in terms of health and income it would be hilarious.
Wasn’t the system produced by Serco for the NHS?
User avatar
Doctor Congo
 
Posts: 7472
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by thekungfury @ Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:03 pm

Doctor Congo wrote:
thekungfury wrote:The public sector’s complete inability to deliver on large scale projects like this is as depressing as it is predictable. Complete shambles. If it didn’t impact so many people in terms of health and income it would be hilarious.
Wasn’t the system produced by Serco for the NHS?

Where does the buck stop?
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 37919
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by Doctor Congo @ Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:22 pm

thekungfury wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:
thekungfury wrote:The public sector’s complete inability to deliver on large scale projects like this is as depressing as it is predictable. Complete shambles. If it didn’t impact so many people in terms of health and income it would be hilarious.
Wasn’t the system produced by Serco for the NHS?

Where does the buck stop?


Yes true of course, but I think the implementation and development has been appalling too.
User avatar
Doctor Congo
 
Posts: 7472
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by Strawman @ Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:07 pm

More mysterious is how 25,000 cal handlers have only traced 10,000 people in two weeks, I mean seriously what the fcuk are they doing all day?

Image
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 41320
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: European Corvus corax

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by Doctor Congo @ Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:23 pm

User avatar
Doctor Congo
 
Posts: 7472
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Re: The Coronavirus thread

Post by Pigeon @ Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:26 pm

Doctor Congo wrote:...Serco...


To me the name Serco signifies a bunch of grifters and chancers who have found a cushy number doing things badly for arseheaded governments who think that the public sector should be nothing more than a minimal number of bureaucrats engaged in funnelling public money to private sector grifters and chancers, who nobody in the government has even a single share in nor the faintest vestige of any intention of being on the board of once they're done with politics, of course not, and who keep most of it themselves while using the least amount possible to pay some further bunch of anonymous incompetents to knock out any old shit that technically fulfils the contract but practically is useless.

Such is the process by which was also produced this steaming and obnoxious pile of loose turds called "NHS login" that my GP surgery are trying to get me to sign up to to order repeat prescriptions and book appointments. None of the websites (which all seem to be the same anyway) for signing up to it work, at all, not just as in failing to correctly render the HTML, but as in not even having any fcuking HTML to render. Trying to research what's going on I find strong indications that even if they did work the signup process is supposed to include, with no way around it, replying to a text message sent to a mobile phone, so I wouldn't ever be able to sign up to it in any case. And nearly all the supposed technical documentation I can find about it is actually instructions and ideas for further levels of parasites to use it as a vector, which they have put vastly more effort into than into making the fcuking thing either useful or even usable for actual patients.
User avatar
Pigeon
CTF Technical Expert
CTF Technical Expert
 
Posts: 24619
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:50 pm
Location: All alone in the crazy city

PreviousNext

Return to The Doctor's Surgery

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

yt
  Enable youtube titles